bad blister
Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 9:44AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Not that it really matters, but I have a newish pair of Streak XC's that I bleed through; anyone have any tricks for cleaning blood off of shoes without ruining them?

It's not really a big deal; they're going to get dirty anyways but I was curious.
dingle
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 9:50AM - in reply to bad blister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Try a stain remover like Zout. Use a drop, let it soak for about 3-5 minutes then wash with cold water.
Wisenheimer
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 10:06AM - in reply to bad blister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Buy red shoes.
el mastero
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 10:30AM - in reply to bad blister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Keep them dirty, gives them character.
RN
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 10:32AM - in reply to el mastero Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I work in an ER and get blood on clothes/shoes regularly, peroxide and a little scrubbing usually works.
Average_Joe
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 10:34AM - in reply to bad blister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hydrogen Peroxide. Nothing works better.
Seinfeld Fan
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 10:43AM - in reply to bad blister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Quoting Jerry Seinfeld, "If you've got a t-shirt with blood stains all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem right now."

I think the same goes for shoes.

One poster said to leave them stained because it gives them charactor. I agree.
George786
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 11:03AM - in reply to bad blister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm going to have to agree with Jerry on this one. Keep the blood; solve the foot problem if possible.
bad blister
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 11:56AM - in reply to George786 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thanks for the tips.

The "foot problem" was because I was stupidly running intervals in the rain without socks; next time I'll solve the issue by being smart and wearing socks.
mother clucker
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 11:57AM - in reply to el mastero Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
my thoughts exactly.

el mastero wrote:

Keep them dirty, gives them character.
No way
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 1:26PM - in reply to mother clucker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I always leave the blood in my shoes
Cooler Ethan
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 3:16PM - in reply to bad blister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bleach
Had Some Myself
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 3:51PM - in reply to Cooler Ethan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bleach or Hydrogen Peroxide will weaken the fabric and thus shorten the life of the shoe. Just leave it.
hp
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 4:10PM - in reply to Had Some Myself Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hydrogen peroxide will not weaken the fabric. Pour some on the bloodstains. Wait a few minutes while it dissolves them. Then drop the shoes in the washer and the blood will be gone.

Just don't put them in the dryer.
OJ Simpson
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 4:11PM - in reply to bad blister Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Seriously trust me, get rid of the shoes. You can't get all the blood off them even when you try.
hh
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 7:45PM - in reply to OJ Simpson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

OJ Simpson wrote:

Seriously trust me, get rid of the shoes. You can't get all the blood off them even when you try.

HA on the user name. Good work
TMoney
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 7:59PM - in reply to hh Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've had great success with removing blood stains by using OxyClean. Prob. worked better than anything.
SarcasmKing
RE: Clean blood off of shoes? 2/19/2009 8:00PM - in reply to TMoney Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
blisters...right.