Recovery
Endurox vs. Recoverite 7/4/2008 2:59PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Has anyone here had experience with Hammer Nutrition's Recoverite? I saw it in a running store earlier today and it seems to be very similar to Endurox but with a few advantages, ie. very few simple sugars, 3 grams of L-Glutamine, and all natural.

It's also quite a bit cheaper than Endurox. That being said, is it worth switching over?
runnc
RE: Endurox vs. Recoverite 7/4/2008 3:28PM - in reply to Recovery Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have been using recoverite for over 2 years, much more effective than endurox. It makes you feel much better a couple of hours after, alot less simple sugars. The glutamine is important as well. I would suggest you try it and compare how you feel.
Trying to be good
RE: Endurox vs. Recoverite 7/4/2008 3:50PM - in reply to runnc Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I might actually try it. How does it taste compared to endurox? i hate the taste.
Trying to be good
RE: Endurox vs. Recoverite 7/4/2008 3:51PM - in reply to Trying to be good Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Actually i just looked and its way more expensive than endurox. F*** that.
Froogle
RE: Endurox vs. Recoverite 7/4/2008 4:40PM - in reply to Trying to be good Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Actually, it's about the same. I've found it at $37.39 for 32 servings versus endurox, where the cheapest I've found is 32.38 for 28 servings.

$1.16 per serving versus $1.15.
Tinman
RE: Endurox vs. Recoverite 7/4/2008 4:59PM - in reply to Recovery Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've tried both and found Recoverite is much better. First, it tastes good (they have citrus and strawberry flavors that are not powerfully strong). Second, I just seem to feel good after consuming Recoverite - about and hour or so later.

I am always reluctant to buy nutrition products because I don't like to waste money. But this year I've tried a few brands and types of products to see if there really is much a difference. I found the I can consume the Hammer Nutrition products before or after training and then feel good enough 2-3 hours later to go for a another run. I can't say that about regular food items.

Note; I don't sell nutrition products, but I do try them before recommending them.

I do like First Endurance products, in terms of results, but I am not as excited about the taste as I am Hammer's.
scoop of each?
RE: Endurox vs. Recoverite 1/14/2009 3:12PM - in reply to Tinman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I like endurox because of the vitamins C and E. recoverite doesnt have them. what about a scoop of each? both have citris flavors.

also, i like recoverite because it has whey protein isolate. endurox has the dreaded whey protein concentrate (just not as natural).
pnw runner
RE: Endurox vs. Recoverite 1/14/2009 4:11PM - in reply to Tinman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I use Ultragen by 1st Endurance. Great product, works well, mixes well, and the taste is pretty good. I use it after hard workouts, long runs, and races because it's a bit expensive to use after every run.

For everyday easy runs, etc, I'll usually have some chocolate soy milk (has a 4:1 carbs to protein ratio, plus flavanols from the chocolate) and a banana.
nocnah
RE: Endurox vs. Recoverite 1/14/2009 5:11PM - in reply to pnw runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How does CytoMax compare to these products? I like that with its long chain carbohydrates.
Rat Pack
RE: Endurox vs. Recoverite 1/14/2009 6:16PM - in reply to Recovery Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I started using Recoverite back in the fall and I became a big fan. For me, I have to make sure to have some sort of food within the hour after I take the Recoverite. I use it after hard workouts or long runs....it's a little more expensive, but Hammer Nutrition is a great company with great customer service, in my experience.

Note: I am not affiliated with Hammer Nutrition in any way.
pnw runner
RE: Endurox vs. Recoverite 1/14/2009 6:27PM - in reply to nocnah Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

nocnah wrote:

How does CytoMax compare to these products? I like that with its long chain carbohydrates.

Cytomax is mainly a "during activity" drink; it's completely carbohydrates. You could use it after as a recovery drink to restore your glycogen, but I'd recommend also getting in some protein.