Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
rombus
EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 5:55PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My rankings:
1 - Clemson (jock factory USA) always on NCAA probation
2 - Auburn (same as above) but not as obvious
3 - Miami U. of FLA.(listen to former fb players on T.V.) enough said. Almost illiterate.
4 - LSU. lowest ranking law school on lsat, and undergraduste ranking is near the bottom almost every year on US News College Rankings.

Yours?
trailrunner64
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 6:04PM - in reply to rombus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You can't effectively judge schools by the literacy, etc. of the athletes. Better to look at average SAT scores of incoming freshman classes. In many states, 2nd tier state schools will accept almost anyone that's a HS graduate. And in some states you sure don't have to be very bright, to say the least, to do that.
kjre
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 6:04PM - in reply to rombus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
1) Seton Hall
Dr. Frankenstein
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 6:05PM - in reply to rombus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
[quote]rombus wrote:

3 - Miami U. of FLA.(listen to former fb players on T.V.) enough said. Almost illiterate.

/quote]

Do they ask the football players to read on tv? If not, then how can you judge their reading skills?

On another topic, here's a tip: you probably shouldn't follow the phrase "enough said" with another comment. Doing so makes it seem as though enough was not said, thereby weakening the force of the comments which preceded your declaration that "enough" had been "said."
Soothsayer
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 6:14PM - in reply to Dr. Frankenstein Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Dr. Frankenstein wrote:

[quote]rombus wrote:

/quote]

Do they ask the football players to read on tv? If not, then how can you judge their reading skills?

On another topic, here's a tip: you probably shouldn't follow the phrase "enough said" with another comment. Doing so makes it seem as though enough was not said, thereby weakening the force of the comments which preceded your declaration that "enough" had been "said."

The University doesn't have their athletes read on TV, but the Chicago Bears sure do. Have you ever heard Devin Hester talk? There is no doubt in my mind that he has an IQ of below 70. He's got to have the literacy of a 5th grader. I completely agree with the OP, except for Auburn... I love those Tigers.
NEC
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 6:25PM - in reply to rombus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
St. Francis of PA is crazy. I know a girl who wasn't even academically eligible by the NCAA rules who not only got in bur received an academic scholarship there!

U of Idaho isn't much better.
Nimbus
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 6:25PM - in reply to rombus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The top 4 are:
1) Virginia Tech
2) Ohio University
3) East Tenn State Univ.
4) Tennessee
sleeplessnight
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 6:29PM - in reply to Nimbus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You guys are idiots. Both Miami and Virginia Tech are great schools.
hh
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 6:40PM - in reply to Nimbus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Average ACT score for incoming freshmen at Tennessee is a 26 i believe
right
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 6:41PM - in reply to sleeplessnight Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

sleeplessnight wrote:

You guys are idiots. Both Miami and Virginia Tech are great schools.

I knew a brainiac from high school that did NOT get into Miami but got into Cornell. Miami is hard to get into unless you are a top athlete.
Orange tiger
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 6:57PM - in reply to right Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
AL-A-BAM-A
west coast baby boom is over
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 7:13PM - in reply to rombus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
the baby boom from the last war the u.s. won (wwII) has long been over thus many schools are in dire need bodies to fill freshman slots. immigrants make up a large percentage of the california community college system, the largest post-secondary education system in the world. 4 year schools like cal state univ, or/orst/wa/wast, unr, unlv, az/azst, utah need bodies. plus non coastal schools have needs like penn state, ohio state, wyoming, nebraska, oklahoma, rutgers, lsu, etc. it ain't like it used to be.
TickTock
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 7:45PM - in reply to right Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
and I knew a complete retard who got in, isn't athletic, and is from NJ.

I knew a brainiac from high school that did NOT get into Miami but got into Cornell. Miami is hard to get into unless you are a top athlete.
Mi A Mi
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 7:52PM - in reply to TickTock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Miami has open enrollment. No admissions criteria to get in. Just like kike Rutgers, Florida State, Ohio State, Penn State, etc.
lfajkdf
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 8:23PM - in reply to Mi A Mi Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
1.) Weber State - 100% Acceptance Rate
2.) UTEP
3.) U of Wyoming
4.) Utah State

just a few off the top of my head.
RI Runner
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 8:31PM - in reply to lfajkdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Iona
gatorxc
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 8:52PM - in reply to rombus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Miami, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, and Clemson. These schools you guys named are not even close to being the easiest. Clemson and Miami are tough schools to get into.

Ole Miss is the easiest in the SEC for a fact. Kids who dont get into Alabama go to Ole Miss.
what are you smoking
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 8:58PM - in reply to Nimbus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Nimbus wrote:

The top 4 are:
1) Virginia Tech
2) Ohio University
3) East Tenn State Univ.
4) Tennessee

Tennessee is not easy to get in, at least not deserving of the "easiest" list. The average ACT score of incoming freshman is like a 26, and Tennessee is on the top 100 college and university list in the country, and that includes non-public and non-D1 schools

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/t1natudoc_brief.php
college kid
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/9/2008 9:13PM - in reply to rombus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rombus wrote:

My rankings:
4 - LSU. lowest ranking law school on lsat, and undergraduste ranking is near the bottom almost every year on US News College Rankings.

Yours?

Are you asking what the easiest schools for athletes to get into are? If you're just talking about the easiest schools to get into for the general population, Miami shouldn't be on that list? It's a private school that's fairly selective. Yes, I know...I was also shocked to find out that Miami was a decent school. I'm not disagreeing that they haven't had some pretty dumb athletes go through there.
rombus
RE: EASIEST D1 SCHOOLS TO GET INTO 1/10/2008 6:53AM - in reply to college kid Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

college kid wrote:

rombus wrote:

My rankings:

Yours?

Are you asking what the easiest schools for athletes to get into are? If you're just talking about the easiest schools to get into for the general population, Miami shouldn't be on that list? It's a private school that's fairly selective. Yes, I know...I was also shocked to find out that Miami was a decent school. I'm not disagreeing that they haven't had some pretty dumb athletes go through there.

Yes, I should have said for athletes.
For my $, VT is a great school.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |