jolly roger
naked juice vs odwalla 9/20/2005 9:47AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
which is better?
Billy Joe Bob John
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/20/2005 10:06AM - in reply to jolly roger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
at what? The Green Machine is better than the Strawberry C Monster drink to keep things regular.
jolly roger
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/20/2005 10:56AM - in reply to Billy Joe Bob John Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
overall, or compare one juice against the other since both have similar juices ie superfood vs green machine
Frodo Failed-Bush Has The Ring
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/20/2005 11:04AM - in reply to jolly roger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
They are all calorie-filled obesity contributors.
jaguar1
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/20/2005 2:00PM - in reply to Frodo Failed-Bush Has The Ring Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Frodo Failed-Bush Has The Ring wrote:

They are all calorie-filled obesity contributors.

.... for the general population. For serious aerobic athletes, they are good sources of antioxidants.
34wt5e4
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/20/2005 5:10PM - in reply to jaguar1 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bump
?
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/20/2005 5:48PM - in reply to Frodo Failed-Bush Has The Ring Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Facts? Data?
I want to get naked with you
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/20/2005 6:29PM - in reply to jolly roger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Naked is better because, unlike Odwalla, it has never pushed rotten/contaminated juice on the public in the name of corporate greed.
The juices themselves are essentially identical.
staples
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/20/2005 7:07PM - in reply to jolly roger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Green Machine is my favorite! I love it.
jorvack
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/20/2005 7:12PM - in reply to staples Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
they are both overpriced. Just get some tang.
jolly roger
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/21/2005 3:27AM - in reply to jorvack Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
tang does not have a single percent juice, no real vitamins or antioxidants, just added vitamin c crap
Dork Pointer Outer
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/21/2005 8:57AM - in reply to ? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

? wrote:

Facts? Data?

Dork?
SpaceLord
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/21/2005 11:15AM - in reply to I want to get naked with you Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

I want to get naked with you wrote:

Naked is better because, unlike Odwalla, it has never pushed rotten/contaminated juice on the public in the name of corporate greed.
The juices themselves are essentially identical.

If you are referring to the ecoli episode 9 years ago that was the result of a lack of knowledge by the "fresh" apple juice industry as a whole. Odwalla now performs a flash pasteurization process on all fresh fruit juices to kill the contaminants. As for rotten juice, they are not "pushed" because there is a strictly enforced "sell-by" date system in place. Odwalla delivers product directly to stores, and personnel are required to remove product well before they go bad.
I want to get naked with you
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/21/2005 9:02PM - in reply to SpaceLord Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes, however Odwalla didn't want to settle any claims and had to be taken to court to own up and be responsible.
Hey Birekenstock wearing moron
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/21/2005 10:12PM - in reply to I want to get naked with you Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Odwalla is a wholly owned subsidiary of...............Coca Cola.

Suck on that while you think you are drinking some fancy boutique juice.
SCRunner
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/21/2005 11:12PM - in reply to Hey Birekenstock wearing moron Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
both are way over-priced
jolly roger
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/22/2005 3:37AM - in reply to SCRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
not if a local grocery store is going out of business and saling them at a major discount

or if i am a millionaire
SpaceLord
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/22/2005 6:04AM - in reply to SCRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

SCRunner wrote:

both are way over-priced

Yeah, but the margins are not so big. I actually work at Coke and have done extensive work on Odwalla and the price is justified. It's a tough business because not only are the crops affected by weather/seasonal changes, and top grade purees expensive, but they also deliver direct to the customer. Also, because of the limited self-life of "organic" materials, they cannot mass produce the product at a scale that would be as cost-effective as other, lower-quality juices made purely from concentrate and that are heavily pastuerized. If they lowered the cost too much it would not be profitable.
SpaceLord
RE: naked juice vs odwalla 9/22/2005 6:30AM - in reply to SpaceLord Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

SpaceLord wrote:

SCRunner wrote:

both are way over-priced

Yeah, but the margins are not so big. I actually work at Coke and have done extensive work on Odwalla and the price is justified. It's a tough business because not only are the crops affected by weather/seasonal changes, and top grade purees expensive, but they also deliver direct to the customer. Also, because of the limited self-life of "organic" materials, they cannot mass produce the product at a scale that would be as cost-effective as other, lower-quality juices made purely from concentrate and that are heavily pastuerized. If they lowered the cost too much it would not be profitable.

By "customer" I mean the actual stores, as opposed to distribution warehouses and such.