Quote Of The Day
“I think [the wind] helped me. It kept me in the group until 30k. Like [Wilson] Kipsang and [Geoffrey] Mutai, if you’re with them at 30k, that’s a pretty unique situation. It doesn’t happen too often. … In a race like this, there is no ‘my pace.’ We had miles that were in the 4:40s, we had miles that were in the 5:30s. For me, everything after the half marathon was gravy in terms of sticking with the pack.”
“… The course ends up being an equalizer. Kind of like in World Cross Country when we got the silver medal. Coming to New York gives me an opportunity to compete with guys [with faster personal bests at shorter distances].”
– Ryan Vail talking about competing in the windy conditions at the 2014 NYC Marathon where he was 9th place and 2nd American.
Super Hot on LetsRun: WTF HAPPENED TO MARY CAIN?
- Is Galen Rupp waiting to long to move to the marathon?
- We need your help. Which NCAA XC teams ran a 'B' team during regular season?
- Let's talk about the WIND. How many minutes slow was NYCM 2014??
- Settle an Argument. Who wins in a 5k? Me or Usain Bolt
- Was anyone else super terrified/paranoid before your wife's first ultrasound?