H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Alabama BS wrote:
Every scholarship given to a Kenyan is a scholarship taken away from an American. You know, like someone that grew up here. Someone who possibly could have improved and been an Olympian for us.
Shameful that a state-supported school gives scholarships to people who never knew Alabama existed.
1) Any American with Olympic potential is going to have his choice of scholarship offers. Kenyans are not taking scholarships away from potential Olympians.
2) Do you have a problem with state schools recruiting out of state students? Doesn't matter if they're from Kenya or Kansas, they're equally out of state for Alabama.
3) This thread is full of subtle racism. You don't want Kenyans to get scholarships so Whitey can win the NCAAs.
1) You know this how?
2) If the angle is that US colleges are there to help develop student athletes from the US then probably doesn't matter if they are from Kansas. The question is then what is the 'proper' perspective to view this from.
3) Maybe a little aggressive assumption by you... could just be a nationalism vs racism. You do know what happens when you assume right?