thirty two wrote:Speculators wrote:
All this speculation is annoying.
Here are the facts:
1. Yes, Rowbury got 4th place in the 1500m at USATF earning her the right to be first alternate for the 1500m team
2. Yes, Rowbury expressed to USATF that she wanted to be an alternate for that event
3. Yes, Rowbury got 3rd place in the 5000m at USATF
4. Yes, Rowbury claimed her spot on the 5000m team for worlds
5. Yes, Rowbury earned the A standard at 1500m in Monaco, the day before the USATF deadline
6. Yes, USATF failed to list Rowbury as the alternate for the 1500m team
Can someone please ask the USATF why they failed at item #6 above? I sure as hell would like to know!
Please bring forward some sort of verification for #2. People are ripping on USATF when I can find no evidence of error on either side - including Rowbury.
#2 is false. her agent screwed up and should be fired. just another reason why most agents are worse than useless.
the 1500 field is considerably weaker than the 5000 field and rowbury is much more experienced in the 1500 so i think she would have a much better shot at medaling in the 1500. it helps that dibaba isn't racing (as of now).