I'm not interested to have credibility with people speaking without knowing, that is exactly what happens in Letsrun.
My credibility depends on the results of the athletes working with me, on what I explain about methodology all around the World, and on the clear relation I have with all the athletes coming Kenya and knowing me, from several Countries. So, or you think all the athletes coming to Iten from several Countries, European and American, are cheaters, or you have to admit they come here for having advantages using altitude, new and more free type of training, full immersion with the Kenyan mentality. We had people as Arne Gabius, from Germany, 31 years old, coming here after years around 13'30" or slower, in one season running 13'13" and 7'35". We have here the first step of the change of Mo Farah, running 12'57" in 2010.
We have here the preparation of the European Cross Country Champion Andrea Lalli. Do you think they come Kenya for taking some EPO without antidoping control, or for improving their mentality and their physiological qualities?
Last explanation because with top athletes EPO doesn't work, but I think all the "experts" speaking in this website are not able to understand because they have, in any case, their established in advance opinion :
1. Taking EPO you increase the viscosity.
2. With proper training, a top athlete in 4 months can increase his total volume of blood of 25% (so he can have about 1.5 liters of blood more in his circulatory system).
3. If the viscosity is higher, the total volume of blood cant increase.
4. Speaking about Marathon, where you use a PERCENTAGE of the Aerobic Power because you run under the Lactic Threshold, the most important thing is to reduce the periferal resistance to the blood circulation. In other words, less viscosity = possibility to have a faster circulation. This means that the wagon transporting Oxygen can travel more times, in the same unit of time, through the "stations" where can release it to the muscle fibers. So, running at marathon speed (about 95% of the Lactic Threshold), you can have more aerobic capacity (connected with low viscosity).
5. At the end, every connection with what happens in cycling is completely wrong. They are two different sports, with different requests, and to think they are similar because both are connected with "endurance" is a big mistake, and only an exercise for people not knowing the reality of different sports.