And T&F is actually very exciting to average, non running TV viewers. Most people I know say they "love" track and field and look forward to the summer Olympics so they can watch it.
Our sport could cash in, at least on TV. In person, few people want to commit to attending 12 hour competitions over five days for that matter. Building fan attendance will take some other tactics, like luring fans to short, 3 hour meets with a handful of marquis events or events du jour.
Sack them all ! wrote:
Lets get to bare bones.
- Logan was not qualified for this job.
- Selection committee was not qualified to select a CEO
- Head hunter that gave candidates was not qualified
- USTAF is not connected or in touch with the sport of running or track ( look at positive growth numbers in running events , high school track & xc ) they have nothing to do with it , period.
- Hightower is a dangerous underhanded , back stabbing incompetent surrounding herself with her posse of friends as staff.
- Logan is an easy target to take down
- Hightower and staff should be investigated and audited , be made accountable for job descriptions , travel and related expenses.
- USTAF needs a complete restructure and overhaul to a become a viable component for the growth and development of track and field.