* I train in San Francisco but do some 5K Parkruns in Palo Alto (45 miles away from SF).
* In SF I run on normal roads but the Parkrun has gravel trail.
* In SF I consistently improve my 5K time trial with last solo time trial with 17:35.
* However, my Parkrun time remains around 18:20
* I use Nike Alphafly on both surfaces.
My question, does shoe matter on different surfaces as far as performance goes.
The only other difference is AQI. Both the courses are flat.
Would you be able to explain why I am slow in Parkruns?