Great Ryan Hall Interview Hall talks about meeting with Toshihiko Seko, skipping CPC Half, and his training and thoughts leading up to his much-anticipated Hancock Boston Marathon debut. See our favorite quote at the bottom of this column.
*Message Board Poster Asks: Where is Ryan Hall?
LRC's Top News Stories:
1. LetsRun.com Previews And Predicts A Potentially Historic Lisbon Half Marathon Definitely the race of the weekend as Sammy
Wanjiru, Martin Lel, Robert Cheruiyot and Jaouad Gharib will headline the men's race. On the women's side, American Kara Goucher and Jelena Prokopcuka headline the women's field.
*Salazar Claims Goucher Is In WR Half Shape
*Sunday's Lisbon Half Marathon Is Loaded
2. IAAF: "The Question Is How To Stop [Chambers] From Running" ... It Doesn't Look Good For Dwain *Collusion Against Chambers? Will His Book Sell? *Dwain Not Invited To Bolt's 150m Race
3. Olympic Great Said Aouita Being Pushed Out As Moroccan Coach *UPDATE: Aouita Fired
4. Tyson Gay Still Battling Injury *More On Tyson Gay From T&FNews
5. Constantina Dita Says Paula Radcliffe Can Win If She Stops Training And Racing Too Much
*Paula Pulled Out Of London In Early March
Tokyo Marathon Serves As Last Try-Out For Japanese World Marathon Team
*Tokyo Marathon Men's Preview
Tokyo Marathon Women's Preview
- Great Brief Chat With US Junior XC Team Leader Neely Spence
- Opinion Piece On German Fernandez's Decision To Skip NCAA's And Focus On World Cross
- IAAF Gives Some Love To USA Juniors, Heats Up Gregson vs. Fernandez
- List Of Team USA World XC Squads
Hall on his sparse racing schedule: What I love about running is training specifically for a race. I’m a very focused guy. My training is very marathon-specific, meaning that I’m not going to be great at 10Ks and half marathons, but I know that once I get out there for the marathon distance, I’m going to be in the best form possible because I’ve sacrificed fitness at 10K, even the half marathon, so that I can be totally A game for the marathon distance. That actually gives me more confidence than, say, running 27:30 a couple weeks before. I’d rather not go out and do that, in the same way that Khalid [Khannouchi] and some of these guys will go out and run 61 minutes for a half. I mean, [Marilson] Gomes dos Santos, he was coming off his 62-whatever he ran at world champs, compared to the year before, he ran 59-something and didn’t win New York, and then last time he’s in 62 shape and comes to New York and looks great. That’s been my experience, too. You gotta choose your battles. So for me, that battle is the marathon in Boston.
Joan Benoit's 10:22 3k At Age 52 Highlights 1st Day Of US Master's Championships And we love 95-year-old Bob Ward throwing the weight 21 feet and 65-year-old George Matthews chucking it 62 feet!
Apply For The RRCA Roads Scholarship Program Entries accepted until April 30 *Help Up-And-Coming Runners And Contribute To Scholarship Fund
Kwik-E Interview With UConn 800m Guy Mike Rutt Rutt has been in the shadow of Jacob Hernandez, Tyler Mulder and Andrew
Brief Chat With Masters World Champion Ralph Souppee "Most masters runners have some injury, I find. You only have to beat half the runners because the other half are injured."
Chats With The Stars
- Sit-Down With New Mexico's (And Britain's) NCAA Mile Champion Lee Emanuel
- Q&A With US Pole Vaulter Erica Bartolina She lost an eye as a kid.
- Lisa Dobriskey Coming Back From Stress Fracture In December
- Funny Interview With Indiana State NCAA Pole Vault Champ Kylie Huston
Bolt & Jamaica
- IAAF Boss Diack Says Bolt's Record Will Fall In Berlin And Drug Tests Will Be Most Comprehensive In History
- Jamaica vs. USA Sprint Meet Organizers Struggling To Find Dates That Work
- Bolt Signed On To Run Paris Golden League Meet
- Sally McClellan's Coach Thinks She Could Break 100m Hurdle WR
- Tamsyn Lewis Has Chosen The 400 Hurdles Over The 800 Because She Can't Run 1:54
Kara Goucher In Great Shape Heading Into Lisbon Half, Salazar Happy For His Athletes' Success Salazar's clients are certainly running well.
To Test Or Not To Test
Help Others / Help Your Kids
Doug Logan Visits Eugene
LRC: The Week That Was 2009
*Week 11: NCAA's, Gate River, what Eli Manning and Galen Rupp have in common.
*Week 10: Last chance, European Indoor, D. Chambers and Diamond League.
*Week 9: USAs, NCAA conferences, World's Best 10k.
Mo Farah With Great Training Advice: "You Have To Listen To Your Body."