Not in Lanes Disqualification’s SHALL BE RULED by the Referee when a competitor:
1. Jostles, cuts across or obstructs another competitor so as to impede the other runners progress. Direct contact is not necessary; any action that causes another runner to break stride or lose momentum can lead to D.Q
2. Veers to the right or to the left so as to impede a challenging runner and causes the challenging runner to run a greater distance.
3. Voluntarily leave the track and presumably the race, then returns later to continue the race.
4. Tries to force a way between two leading runners, and makes direct contact so as to impede the progress of either, or
5. Steps on or over the curb with two consecutive steps of the left foot.
NOTE: The Referee, after consulting with the appropriate officials, shall not D.Q. competitors who: 1. Are pushed or forced by another runner to step on or over the curb with no material advantage gained. 2. Step on or over the curb on the straightaway unless an advantage is gained by improving position.