- jakob did not set the pace to be world record pace. this was not a world record attempt despite what media had been rumoring
- the pace just so happened to be similar to world record pace. it was a time trial attempt to see what jakob's current capabilities are in the mile (since he doesn't run it often)
- jakob says that the pace lights actually DO help. he would have liked the race to be later in the day since it is hard to see the lights when it is bright midday
- jakob wishes that the pacers could have helped more with the 3rd lap (some wind on the backstretch) like El G's and Ngeny's pacers did for them
- the interviewer said jakob was close to the world record. but jakob said he wasn't even close (0.60 seconds is a lot of distance to cover at world record pace).
- jakob says it just seems like he was close to breaking the world record because no one has run times remotely close to it (3:43). in reality, there is a ways to go
- yared did NOT thank jakob for his pacesetting duties. this sport is THANKLESS!