- Calls everyone 'their family' and throws "we" into everything to feign inclusion
- Claims to have a unique perspective on something, which is rarely ever clarified or unique
- Has people send them money and/or donate to be affiliated and 'support' the person
- People spontaneously send this person and their family gifts, just to be mentioned
- The followers will flock to meeting the person, with no real understanding of why, or to do what
- Is cagily private about some truths in their own life, in order to keep a superficial persona going
- Rarely admits when they're wrong and twists it into a lesson or some unplanned win
- Completely avoids discussing certain failings
- Appeals mostly to the least educated members of the public, on the topic that is being discussed
- Will try and pass off some item to their followers if it benefits themself, regardless of if it is actually useful to the people
- Will often just endlessly ramble with no substance, just regurgitated cliches that sound inspirational but actually could be from an advert in a mens toilet
Question: am I describing a cult leader, or a Running-YouTuber?
I'm sick of these folks. No prizes for guessing which one in particular I'm thinking of. And this isn't even mentioning the fact that most of them just copy content ideas off eachothers old videos. Very little original stuff anymore. The mind boggles.