Yeah, but the results are different wrote:
The OP is right in his point; Europeans tend to be more overtly racist than Americans.
BUT American racism is more *dangerous* due to:
- the unaccountablility of US police,
- potential danger of civilians due to our legal framework (see: firearms and stand-you-ground laws),
- the standards for incarcerating people and the severity of sentencing,
- the inhumane state of US prisons, and
- the relative strain of poverty (i.e. it's less severe with a large safety net).
For these reasons, I'd rather be black in France, for example, than anywhere in the US.
Also, the goal is to improve the US, not merely to be relatively less racist than other countries.
This is the key reasonable response in this thread
Especially the last sentence