The BROJO's recent analysis reinforce my point w/respect to the Men's 1500M as reflected below. This is about "man-ing up!" versus the BROJO's "prisoner's dilemma" analysis. I have the following questions for the non-A folks:
* "Perhaps most dominate w/respect to "man-ing up,", can you really live with yourself knowing that Galen Rupp has the "A-Standard" & you do not and can probably clean your clock at YOUR event?"
* "Are you relevant w/o the A?
* "At the end of the day, career & w/your children years later, how do you want to look on "You Tube" in an event that occurs every 4 years?
* "Do you want to be part of the pack or do you want to lay it on the line like Tom Byers & have folks like me ... decades later, provide an appropriate concrete example?"
* "Do you really think you'll get an opportunity to PR again this summer with this type of Start List & at Hayward Field?
* "Why wouldn't you want the "A-List" folks to work for it?"
Ex. Manzano's been known to fold
Ex. Wheating's become a "head case" & fitness is in question
Ex. Andrews is a "1-Trick Pony" as far as tactics
Ex. Centro's fitness is questionable given the recent injury & to date, you all have accommodated his weaknesses.
Ex. See & Torrence remain "... on the fringe." Do THEY really believe they're Olympic material.
BROJO ANALYSIS "QUOTE"
We definitely see the pace going out fast for 400. But unless these guys without the 'A' have gotten together and formulated a plan, it's going to hard to do it after that as it'll be your classic case of prisoner's dilemma as to who leads.
To us, the easiest way to get the 'A' is to go out fast - in about 1:55, then slow down and run a 60 and then kick in 40.
LRC Prediction: The fact that so many guys need the 'A' is going to make this a great race as it should be honest enough. We'd love to see a guy with pure guts do the work and make the team like Kim Conley did in the women's 5k, but that's not likely to happen.
Lickety Split says " Be the Game-Changer!"