Athletics Kenya Press Release On Suspension Of Isaiah Kiplagat, David Okeyo And Joseph Kinyua
December 1, 2015
- AK has officially received communication from the IAAF Ethics Commission about the suspension of three AK officials namely Isaiah Kiplagat, David Okeyo and Joseph Kinyua.
The AK Executive Committee have read and understood the contents therein and would like to make the following statement:
- That the three members shall remain suspended for the said period as directed by the IAAF Ethics Commission to allow for investigations.
- That AK do hereby agree to cooperate with the investigating officials accordingly
iii. Given that the AK president has been suspended by IAAF Ethics Commission, the meeting has ratified the earlier decision and confirmed Lt. Gen. (Rtd) Jackson Kiprono Tuwei as the President of Athletics Kenya with effect from 1st December 2015.
- The duties of Mr. David Okeyo who was previously in charge of competitions will be assigned to another member of the Executive Committee.
- The suspended members will vacate their offices accordingly and will immediately cease to perform their duties in the offices they were elected and/or appointed as per the directives by IAAF Ethics Commission and in line with the AK constitution.