Field size will be 30,000 official entrants for the 119th running of event.
September 8, 2014
BOSTON — Registration for the 2015 Boston Marathon opens on Monday, September 8, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. ET. The B.A.A. will use the same process to register qualified runners as it used in the 2012, 2013, and 2014 Boston Marathons, allowing the fastest qualifiers to register first.
Registration will be held entirely online at www.baa.org. The qualification window for the 2015 Boston Marathon began last year on September 14, 2013.
In cooperation with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the eight cities and towns along the Boston Marathon route, the B.A.A. has set the field size for the 2015 Boston Marathon at 30,000 official entrants. The 119th Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 20, 2015 and will mark the 30th consecutive year that the event will have John Hancock Financial as its principal sponsor.
2015 BOSTON MARATHON REGISTRATION DATES
- Monday, September 8: Qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by 20 minutes, 00 seconds or faster may submit their application for entry.
- Wednesday, September 10: Qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by 10 minutes, 00 seconds or faster may submit their application for entry (if space remains).
- Friday, September 12: Qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by 5 minutes, 00 seconds or faster may submit their application for entry (if space remains).
- Saturday, September 13: Registration closes for the first week at 10:00 p.m. ET.
- Monday, September 15: All qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard may submit their application for entry (if space remains).
- Wednesday, September 17: Registration closes for the second week at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- If space remains after this initial period, then on Monday, September 22 registration will reopen to anyone who meets the qualifying standards on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration will remain open until the maximum field size is reached.
The B.A.A. will not predict or provide an anticipated date for when the race will reach its maximum field of qualified applicants. However, the B.A.A.’s website and Facebook page and Twitter account will indicate the open or closed status of registration for the 2015 Boston Marathon, and these pages will be updated regularly.
The registration fee for the 2015 Boston Marathon for qualifiers is $175 USD for United States residents and $225 USD for international residents.
QUALIFYING TIMES (effective September 14, 2013)
Potential qualifiers for the 2015 Boston Marathon must meet the designated time standard that corresponds with their age group and gender in a certified marathon on or after September 14, 2013 and prior to submitting an entry application. Proof of qualification must accompany each athlete’s application, and participants are required to be 18 years or older on race day. All standards below are based on official submitted net time:
|18-34||3hrs 05min 00sec||3hrs 35min 00sec|
|35-39||3hrs 10min 00sec||3hrs 40min 00sec|
|40-44||3hrs 15min 00sec||3hrs 45min 00sec|
|45-49||3hrs 25min 00sec||3hrs 55min 00sec|
|50-54||3hrs 30min 00sec||4hrs 00min 00sec|
|55-59||3hrs 40min 00sec||4hrs 10min 00sec|
|60-64||3hrs 55min 00sec||4hrs 25min 00sec|
|65-69||4hrs 10min 00sec||4hrs 40min 00sec|
|70-74||4hrs 25min 00sec||4hrs 55min 00sec|
|75-79||4hrs 40min 00sec||5hrs 10min 00sec|
|80 and over||4hrs 55min 00sec||5hrs 25min 00sec|
An additional 59 seconds will NOT be accepted for each age group time standard. That is, there is no cushion or flexibility with the minimum qualifying time for purposes of qualification eligibility.
ATHLETES WITH DISABILITIES – QUALIFYING TIMES & REGISTRATION DATES
Registration for Athletes With Disabilities will occur on a “rolling admission” schedule, beginning with the fastest qualifiers on Monday, October 6 at 10: 00 a.m. ET.
About the Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.)
Established in 1887, the Boston Athletic Association is a non-profit organization with a mission of managing athletic events and promoting a healthy lifestyle through sports, especially running. The B.A.A.’s Boston Marathon is the world’s oldest annual marathon, and the organization manages other local events and supports comprehensive charity, youth, and year-round running programs. Since 1986, the principal sponsor of the Boston Marathon has been John Hancock Financial. The Boston Marathon is part of the World Marathon Majors, along with the international marathons in Tokyo, London, Berlin, Chicago, and New York City. The 119th Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 20, 2015. For more information on the B.A.A., please visit www.baa.org.