LetsRun.com Track Talk Podcast – 2017 IAAF World Championship Preview Show
August 04, 2017 to August 13, 2017
August 4, 2017
This morning (afternoon in London), we recorded a 43-minute podcast from London where we previewed the 2017 IAAF World Championships. Today, we focused on the big events that will be held this weekend – the men’s 10,000 and men’s 100 finals. Will legends Mo Farah and Usain Bolt go out on top?
We also discussed how many medals will the US win in the 800 on up, whether Jenny Simpson and even Drew Windle have a medal shot, and remembered those not at Worlds due to injury – David Rudisha, Noah Lyles and Clayton Murphy.
With there not being a morning session on most days, we’ll try to do a quick 30-minute podcast most days.
To listen to the show, it’s super easy, just click here for an MP3 file that will start playing.
Click here for itunes link. Or use the player below.
The podcast s also on our talkshoe page.
Talk about the day 1 action at Worlds on our fan forum / messageboard: MB: Official 2017 Worlds Day 1 Discussion Thread.
For complete coverage, go to our special section: 2017 IAAF London Worlds Complete Coverage. Our event previews appear below.
- LRC Men’s 800: Can Emmanuel Korir Cap An Incredible Freshman Year With A World Title?
- LRC Women’s 800: Can Ajee Wilson Snap Caster Semenya’s Unbeaten Streak?
- LRC Men’s 1,500 Preview: With Olympic Champs Asbel Kiprop & Matthew Centrowitz Struggling, Who Will Step Up?
- LRC Women’s 1,500 Preview: Dibaba Vs. Hassan Vs. Kipyegon Will Be Epic; Can Jenny Simpson, Caster Semenya Or Home Favorite Laura Muir Medal?
- LRC Men’s Steeple Preview: Evan Jager Tries to Win USA’s First Global Steeple Gold Since 1952
- LRC Women’s Steeple Preview: Emma Coburn Tries to Medal Again in a Wide-Open But Top-Heavy Event
- LRC Men’s 10,000: Geoffrey Kamworor Gets One Final Crack At Mo Farah On The Track
- LRC Women’s 10,000: Almaz Ayana Vs. Tirunesh Dibaba In A Battle Of Ethiopian Legends
- LRC Men’s Marathon: Ethiopia’s Tamirat Tola Does Battle With a New Crop of Kenyan Studs
- LRC Women’s Marathon: Edna Kiplagat Tries to Make History By Winning A Third World Title