2012 NCAA XC Reaction Pore In *Men's Results *Women's Results *LRC Photo Gallery updated 258 photos *LRC Women's Recap *LRC Men's Team Recap *LRC M Individual Recap *Live Thread
*Wisco Men Not Upset With 2nd
*OSU's 5th Man Shane Moskowitz: "It was definitely the best day of my life. For sure."
*ISU's Corey Ihmels Full of Praise for Indivual Champ Betsy Saina: "Her life revolves around being as good as she can be and it showed...She’s a great athlete but she’s just a great of a person."
*Colorado Women Had Worse Showing In School History (28th)- But Coach Wetmore Is Excited As Everyone Returns For 2012 Included in the returners is Olympian Shalaya Kipp who will be looking to become Colorado's 1st 4-time xc women's All-American
*NCAA Cross Country Champs Stat Facts
Mixed Day For FSU: FSU's #1 Ranked Women Finish 4th But #18 Men Finish 5th The FSU women lost despite putting 3 in the top 17 as their 4th was 82nd and 5th 155th. Coach Bob Braman was 100% thrilled for his men who hit it out of the park: “This was a duct-tape special to try and get through this season and just get everything. We left zero points out there."
Oregon Reacts Differently To Scoring Mishap:
*Oregon's Astt Coach: "That was bush league. I had to walk back into a tent and tell seven girls that they didn’t win."
*Oregon Runner: "It was kind of a shock when they said we didn’t win, but now, we’re good."
Recommended Read: Toni Reavis Fondly Remembers The Great Joseph Kimani Especially Kimani's amazing CR run in Cleveland where Kimani ran so fast - Reavis while doing tv thought the mile markers were likely misplaced.
NCAAs Are In The Books *Men's Results *Women's Results *LRC Photo Gallery updated 258 photos *Live Thread
LRC Oregon Wins NCAA Title As Betsy Saina Outkicks Hasay Confusion reigned supreme
with the team results as Oregon was the winner, then Providence, but eventually
once it was all sorted out the Oregon Ducks had a convincing NCAA championship over Providence. There was no confusion on the individual side as Betsy Saina outkicked Jordan Hasay and Abbey D'Agostino for the win.
*Full Results *Photo Gallery
[email protected]#@!SDF Delay, Oregon & Oklahoma State Declared 2012 NCAA Cross-Country Champions
*Duck Women Get Their Third NCAA Crown
*Stanford Women In 3rd Have Highest Finish Since 2007, Rosa Twins Disappoint For Men
*Betsy Saina: "I told myself that I was going to go for it from the start." (With Video Highlights)
*Oregonian: The "straw that stirs the drink is Hasay."
NCAAs On The Boards:
- Kennedy Kithuka What's His Story
- Jordan Hasay Even Though She Lost I Commend Her
- Congrats to Oklahoma State and Dave Smith
- Who is the most successful US runner to never win an NCAA title?
- So WTF happened what was the offical word on the Women race
- Biggest Chokes at NCAA XC Nationals
- People who think this isnt bad for the sport are in flat out DENIAL
Not To Totally Brag: But We Nailed These Previews
LRC Women's Team Preview: Oregon Or Florida State? What About Darkhorse Providence? It should be a fierce battle in
the NCAA crown. Florida State is favored, but should they be? Last year they choked it big time.
LRC Women's Individual Preview: Can Jordan Hasay Do It? Or Will Betsy Saina Or Abbey D'Agostino Prevent The Fairy Tale Ending?
*LRC Fan Polls Individual Predictions
Weekend Action That Isn't Happening In The Midwest
- Former Boston Marathon Winner Caroline Kilel Dominates Safaricom 10k Road Race In 35:24 With this victory, she won the overall Safaricom Gusii Golden Series jackpot. In the men's race, two-time World Junior Cross-Country champion Phillip Mosima was upset by Emmanuel Ngaituny, who ran 30:19.16 to Mosima's 30:33.87.
- Tomororw: NY Times: Olympic Champ Tiki Gelana Running Seven Hills 15k In The Netherlands Against Tirunesh Dibaba She was originally scheduled to race NYC.
- Yokohama Marathon: 2:21 Woman Lydia Cheromei Leads Deep Field That Includes Kim Smith, Amy Hastings & Top Japanese Women For the Japanese women, this race serves as a selection race for Moscow 2013.
*Brit Jo Pavey Is Looking Forward To Cutting A Lot Of Time Off Her 2:28 PR As This Is Her First Marathon Not Coming Off An Injury
- IAAF Preview: Sunday Is The Second Leg Of The IAAF Cross-Country Series In Soria, Spain Men's race will be close battle between Kenyan 10k Trials 4th placer Emmanuel Kipkemei Bett and 12:49 5k runner John Kipkoech. Eritrea’s Nazaret Weldu leads women's field.
- There Will Be A Marathon In New York City Tomorrow: The Brooklyn Marathon Will Have 500 Finishers In It's Second Year They tried to expand the field to 2,500 to accommodate some left out of NYC, but the city denied their request.
- Former Villanova All-American And Cancer Survivor Back As An Assistant Coach And Racing The Philly 8k This Weekend
- Kenya Hosting Kass Marathon On Sunday: Gladys Kerubo Otero & Paul Koech Will Defend Their Titles
- Boulogne-Billancourt Half Marathon: The Race Is Tomorrow But The Organizers Haven't Released The Elite Field??? However, they do say sub-60 minutes is the goal for the men.
Non-NCAA Weekend Action
- Big Sur On Sunday: Big Sur Half Marathon Instituting Drug Testing After Two Of Last Year's Top Finishers (Ezkyaz Sisay And Christian Hesch) Were Found Out As Drug Cheats
*Local Article Citing LetsRun.com
- Sunday's Turin Marathon: Italian Record Holder (2:23) And Olympics 8th Placer Valeria Straneo & 2:24 Dutchwoman Hilda Kibet Lead Deep Women's Field They were both originally scheduled to race NYC. Men's field led by Daniel Rono (2:06:58), Nicholas Kipruto Koech (2:07:23) and Ukraine’s Oleksiy Sitkovskyy (2:09:26), who finished 12th at the London Olympics.
- Usain Bolt Tweets Pictures Of His Best Kept Training Secret ... Stair Running Does he really train like this, or could it be a ploy to mess with Tyson Gay and Ryan Bailey?
- Uganda Olympic Committee Signs $71,000 Deal With Anti-Doping Company To Fight Drug Abuse Among Athletes They were motivated by seeing all the current allegations against Kenya.
- Coach Of Trinidad & Tobago's Olympic Javelin Champ Gets $54,000 For His Success
- France Debating Making A Bid To Host 2024 Games
- David Rudisha Favorite To Win Safaricom Sports Personality Of The Year Award
When Life Gives You Lemons, Go Race A Marathon In Japan
- Dec. 2nd: Martin Lel, Scott Overall, Ryan Vail, Tim Nelson, Brent Vaughn Added To Fukuoka Marathon Field After Missing Out On NYC Field already includes Haile Gebrselassie, Martin Mathathi, Mo Trafeh, Reid Coolsaet, Ryan Bak and Japan runners Arata Fujiwara and Yuki Kawauchi.
*MB: Martin Lel, Nelson, Bairu, Vaughn, Vail to run FUKUOKA Marathon
- Recommended Read: New Jersey-New York Track Club Elite Miler Liam Boylan-Pett Responds To All The Negative Press Coming From The NY Post Against Mary Wittenberg & The NYRR
Yet Another Great Dies Too Young
Former 10k WR Holder Joseph Kimani Has Died At Age 40 The former road superstar
took down the world's best in the
10k by a ridiculous 30 seconds in the summer of 1996 as he ran a still unthinkable 27:04 at Peachtree. He won
virtually every big road race in the US at least once, also set a 12k WR, and is still the CR holder at Boilermaker.
More: *LRC MB Remembrances of Kimani
*RRW Article On Kimani
*Utica Observer Dispatch: Joseph Kimani, Boilermaker all-time great, dies at age 40
*Kimani's Death Getting Mentioned In Slovenia (Translated)
*AJC: Peachtree record holder passes away
A Case That Makes The Caster Semenya Situation Seem Like A Fairy Tale
Female Gold Medallist, Pinki Pramanik, Formally Charged With Rape After Being Determined
To Be Male - She Says No, It's Just Result Of Drugs I Took
*Asian Games Gold Medallist Pinki Pramanik Charged With Rape After Medical Reports Confirm Her As Male
*Pinki Pramanik Blames Injections For Her "Masculine" Physique
*Pinki Pramanik Plans Defamation Case Against Cops, Prosecutor
*Medical Reports Confirm Pinki Is A Male
*Police Forcing Me To Commit Suicide, Says Pinki Praminik
Laughable: Cycling Head Pat McQuaid Says UCI Will Establish Confidential Doping Hotline To Build Trust & Says Releases Open Letter to Peloton That Says He's Been A Leader In Anti-Doping Movement It's a little too late for gestures and false statements like this: "The UCI has always been a pioneer in the fight against doping, a fact recognised by WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) and the IOC (International Olympic Committee) among others," wrote McQuaid in his letter addressed "Dear rider."
More Weekend Results
- Stanley Biwott Shatters Rock 'N' Roll San Antonio Half Marathon CR 1:01:11 He was originally supposed to run the NYC marathon last weekend before it was cancelled.
- 2012-13 IAAF XC Series Gets Under Way As Imane Merga Holds Off Kenya's 4th Placers For Narrow Win The runner-up was Kenya's 5k 4th finisher, Vincent Chepkok, and 10k 4th
placer (and 2012 WL) Emmanuel Bett was third. London 5th placer in the steeple, Ayalew Hiwot, destroyed Linet Masai to win the women's crown.
*Ireland's Euro XC Champ Fionnuala Britton Finishes 4th
- An Irish Kip Litton? Irish Runner Cuts Dublin City Marathon Course Closing In 1:07:20 After Running The First Half In 1:23:17
US News: Lolo Jones Wins Bobsled World Cup Silver Medal
- Lolo Jones' Team Wins Silver At Bobsled World Cup Tianna Madison and her partner took bronze. Jones said, "I'm kind of in shock."
*Videos Of Lolo Jones And Tianna Madison In Bobsled Action
Maybe The Most Important News Of The Week: WADA Proposes Increasing Drug Ban From 2 to 4 Years
Ladies 2012 New York City Marathon - Or At Least As Close As We Are Going To Get From It
Yokohama: Lydia Cheromei Wins With 2:23:07 CR As Kim Smith (2:27:35), Amy Hastings (DNF) and Jo Pavey (DNF) Disappoint Smith's PR remains 2:25:21 from her debut in London 2010. Her teammate Amy Hastings was a DNF. Serena Burla was 11th. MB: Live
Thread on Yokohama Non-NCAA Weekend News
JRN Recap: Mizuho Nasukawa Was Top Japanese in 2:26:42
*Kiwi Kim Smith Finishes Sixth
Pre-Race: Pavey Was Adamant She Could PR (2:28:24)
Turin: Boston Winner Sharon Cherop Runs Negative Split CR (2:23:57) The top 3 finishers were all going to run NYC. #2 Hilda Kibet (KEN) 2:25:46. #3 Valeria Straneo (ITA) 2:27:04. 2:10:34 won the men's race.
Kenya: Weldon Wins Kass Marathon In Kenya - Will He Be Kenya's Next Star? Weldon Kirui that is got the win 1-month after being 2nd in LA. The winner of the Kass often becomes a star like G. Mutai. Agnes Jepkosgei won the women's race.
*RR: Weldon: "Let me tell you, life has been hard for me. I braved numerous challenges."
Philly: 36 Yr Old Mike McKeeman (2:17:51) Wins Hometown Philly Marathon Over Scott McPherson As Women's CR Goes Down To Russia's Irina Mashkantceva (2:35:27) The half-marathons were won by the same people who won the 8ks on Saturday.
Records Are Made To Be Broken: 8k in Philly: Samuel Ndereba's 22:28 Smashes Marcus O'Sullivan's 23:03 CR That Had Stood Since 1997
Seven Hills Loop 15k: MB: Tirunesh Dibaba Destroys Olympic Marathon Champ Tiki Gelana - 47:08 to 48:09 - At Seven Hills Loop 15km *Video Highlights in Dutch
*IAAF Recap: Nicholas Kipkemboi Upset Men's 15k WR Holder Leonard Komon in Men's Race
Big Sur Half-Marathon: 3 Weeks After Marriage, Husband-Wife Combo of Ben Bruce (1:04:45) and Stephanie Rothstein-Bruce (72:19) Win
A Really Rich Mountain Race: Ethiopians Abebe Dinkesa and Etenesh Dironeda Win $50,000 (US) At Obudu Mountain Race
*Australian High Commissioner to Nigeria Completes Mountain Race
Pre-Race: $278,000 On Line In Race That Olympic Marathon Champ Stephen Kiprotich Couldn't Win Last Year
Spanish XC: Kenya’s Emmanuel Bett and Eritrea’s Nazaret Weldu Come Through As Favorites At Spanish IAAF XC Race
*Former World XC Champ Emily Chebet Wins Kenya XC Series Meet, World Junior Champ Faith Chepng'etich Upset
Non D1 Nationals
D2: Men: Adams State Men Win Record 9th NCAA D2 Title As Anchorage's Micah Chelimo Dominates *Results
Women: Grand Valley State Wins D2 Title By 3 Points *Results: Grand Valley State Edges Augustana by 3, Adams State By 8
D3: (Photos Coming) Men: North Central Men Win 2nd Straight D3 Title *Men's Results
Women: Johns Hopkins Women Win School's First Women's NCAA Title *XC Women's Results
NAIA: Women: British Columbia And Idaho's Hillary Holt Win Titles
Men: St. Francis (Ill.) And John Gilbertson Win National Championship
Men's Race: Upset Alert: We'll Give Out $2012 If An American Wins The 2012 NCAA D1 Men's Cross-Country Title
LRC NCAA Cross-Country Fan Polls Men's Predictions
LRC NCAA Cross-Country Fan Polls Women's Predictions
LRC DIII Fan Poll Predictions
LRC DII Fan Poll Predictions
International News: CAS Going Out Of Its Way To Help Dopers
- Horrible Call: CAS Forces International Weightlifting Federation To Move From A 4-Year Ban To A 2-Year Ban For First Time Doping Offenders It should be at least a 4-year ban. A "clean" athlete today is still receiving the benefits for the doping they did 2 years ago.
- The Benefits Of Being Olympic Champ: Stephen Kiprotich's Wife Gets On Cover Of Fashion Magazine After "Day-Long Extreme Makeover"
- Usain Bolt Gets Featured In GQ
- Move Over, Bolt: Japanese Man Breaks World Record In The 100m ... for running on all fours. Includes video.
- In Case You Missed This: Former Marathon WR Holder Paul Tergat Put Forward To Be A Member Of The IOC
- Top Kenyan Athletes Like David Rudisha, Ezekiel Kemboi & Pamela Jelimo Getting Involved In Kenyan Politics?
- Irish Sports Council Breaking Tradition By Saying Those Athletes Who Didn't Hit Their Performance Targets Due To Injury Or Ilness Will Not Get A Break They will still lose their funding.
- MileSplit Weekend Coverage: NXN South And Southwest, NY, FL, NJ, MA State Champs
- Q&A With HSer Who Made His State Meet 2 Years After Not Even Being Able To Walk After A Devastating Car Accident
US All-Time Greats In The News
- Track Gossip: Rumors Of Bruce And Kris Jenner Getting A Divorce Kris Jenner is the matriarch of the reality TV family the Kardashians.
- Lopez Lomong Wins Visa Humanitarian Of The Year Award In less than a year, the Lopez Lomong Foundation raised $150,000 to provide clean water and health care for those in South Sudan.
- Q&A With US HJ Record Holder And 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist Charles Austin, Who Is Being Inducted Into The National Track & Field Hall Of Fame He won gold by breaking the Olympic record on his final attempt, after coming back from a knee injury where four different doctors told him he'd never jump again.
Kenyan News: Paul Tergat Is On The IOC
- Sammy Wanjiru Honored By Commonwealth Games Federation & Paul Tergat Chosen To Succeed Kip Keino As Kenya's Representative On The IOC Executive Board The award included $379, which was given to
one of his wiveshis wife. She gave the money to the Wanjiru Foundation, which aids local races and is helping the local hospital buy equipment that could have possibly saved Wanjiru.
- Caroline Kilel Among Athletes Vying For Overall Jackpot In 3-Part Safaricom Gusii Golden Kebirigo 10km Road Series Winner gets $584, a cow, a goat and a sack of maize. Cha-ching!
- Big Surprise: AK President Isaiah Kiplagat Urges Retired Kenyan Athletes To Take Up Management Of Current Runners Rather Than Use Foreign Agents "It is not economically healthy for all the agents to be from abroad. If our agents take care of our athletes, the benefit would be for the Kenyans."
- Heated Debate Continues At Eldoret Athlete Seminar Beteween KRA And Runners Over The Taxation Of Prize Money
Pro Track/Road News
- Jamaican Press Criticizes IAAF For Not Including Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce On Short List For World Athlete Of The Year Award However they do concede that she won three gold medals to Fraser-Pryce's one and even mention their surprise that Ashton Eaton was left off the men's list.
- Valerie Adams, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Sally Pearson, Jessica Ennis & Allyson Felix Nominated For Laureus Sportswoman Of The Year Award Non-track athletes nominated include Serena Williams, Missy Franklin and Japanese wrestler Saori Yoshid.
- Neely Spence Says She's Looking Forward To Being Part Of The US's Kiden Team Competing At The Chiba Ekiden Later This Month
- Ashton Eaton's Coach, Harry Marra, Named USATF Coach Of The Year www.usatf.org He also coaches Eaton's fiance Brianne Theisen.
- Mid-D Runner Ryan Gregson Criticizes Decision Of Australian Soccer Teams To Go Train At High Altitude In Boulder Or Flagstaff During November
- Olympic Heptathlon Champ Jessica Ennis Wants To Join The 7,000-Point Club Her best is 6,955, while three in history have broken 7,000, the WR holder being US's Jackie Joyner-Kersee (7,291).
Previous NCAA News
There's Smart And Then Stanford Smart NCAA Okays Private Plane To Take Stanford's Miles Unterreiner To Rhodes Scholarship Interview From NCAA XC Meet
*AP Article On Unterreiner
*D3 Runner Annie Lydens Of Pomona Pitzer Will Skip NCAAs To Go To Interview
*MB: NCAA XC vs Rhodes Scholarship
Oscar P Receives Honorary Doctorate From Glasgow's Strathclyde University - A Leader In Prosthetic Research *Daily Mail On Oscar P
After 3 Days In Cell With 40 Men, One Open Toilet And A Blanket That Had Not Been Washed In Years, Former World High Jump Champion Jacques Freitag Gets Bail
National Security Issues Start With Running:
Wall Street Journal Examines Paula Broadwell And David Petraeus' Running: "Paula Broadwell Is Faster Than You" She ran 1:36 for the half marathon at 39.
Recommended Reads And Seb Coe News
- Recommended Read: Having Recently Won $500,000 WMM Title, Geoffrey Mutai Hasn't Forgot His Poor Upbringing & Remembers How He Borrowed Money To Run 2007 Kass Marathon This year's edition of the race is this year and Mutai says the winner will be able to get top 3 in Boston.
- Recommended Read: Brothers Futsum Zienasellassie And Bahlbi Gebreyohanns
Talk About Being Separated & Now Reunited Again At NAU
- A Nice Q&A With Former Olympic Medallist And TV Columnist Extraordinaire Brendan Foster
Speaking Of Recommended Reads, A Few People Actually Have Emailed And Said That His New Autobiography Is A RR Despite Monday's Terrible Review
- Seb Coe Talks To Sky Sport About His New Book And Olympic Memories From London 2012
- IOC President Jacques Rogge Has Expressed Caution About The Chances Of Sebastian Coe Becoming A Member Of The Olympic Body Next Year
- Even Though They Brought In 50% More Money Than Any Other Olympics Through Ticket Sales, Politicians Are Still Expected To Criticize Seb Coe On Wednesday
Pro News: Galen Rupp Will Be Back At It November 23rd In Japan
- Looking Ahead To Japan's November 23rd International Chiba Ekiden Top names on the start list include Galen Rupp, Kenya's Olympic marathon silver medalist Priscah Jeptoo, and Canada's Olympic marathoner Reid Coolsaet.
- Geoffrey Mutai Talks About His First Big Marathon Win At The Kass Marathon Back In 2007 Before that 2007 race, Mutai couldn't even afford the entry fee and had to borrow money to register, but after his finish his manager first discovered him and set him up with his first World Marathon Major.
- Recommended Read: Part 1 Of A 3-Part Piece By 3:54 Miler Jon Rankin On Why Elite Athletes Shouldn't Cheat "But doesn’t becoming the best entail knowing that YOU are standing on the podium because you're the one responsible for achieving your performance, and not because you used something that was made in a lab? Personally, I wouldn't be able to live with that lie."
- Ashton Eaton And Allyson Felix Named "Jesse Owens Athletes Of The Year" This is Felix's fourth time winning.
*Q&A With Felix And Eaton Felix says she'll probably move up to the 400 for Rio 2016 and that she won't be running indoors this year.
- The Victorian Institute Of Sport Drops Craig Mottram From Their Funding List In Favor Of Younger Athletes "With A Better Chance Of Winning Medals"
- Oscar P Receives Honorary Degree From Scotland's Strathclyde University
NYC News: NYPD To Refund Fees Paid By NYC Marathon Police fees were the main reason entry fees spiked for the 2012 marathon.
NCAAs *Men's Results *Women's Results *LRC Photo Gallery updated 258 photos
LRC Oklahoma State Makes It Three Titles In Four Years Team Recap Wisconsin had 3 runners in before
OSU, but Oklahoma State was much better at 4 and 5. OSU was led by Girma Mecheso, who was the top American in fifth (learn about his incredible life story here).
LRC Texas Tech's Kennedy Kithuka Makes It Look Easy Over Lawi Lalang & Stephen Sambu Lawi Lalang had all the attention coming in, but Kennedy Kithuka dispatched him with ease. Only one American in the top 10. Read all about it.
RRW: After Delay, Oregon & Oklahoma State Declared 2012 NCAA Cross-Country Champions
Outside Coverage Of NCAAs:
- At Least He Got To Fly Private: Miles Unterreiner Pulls Hamstring At NCAAs, Does Not Win Rhodes Scholarship
- Mark Wetmore: "I said before the meet that I thought that Oklahoma State was a head taller than everybody else and they proved that today."
- Kennedy Kithuka: "Once the race started, I knew I was ready to go. It was just a great race."
- Guaranteed To Win Next Year? AP Incorrectly Reports: Oklahoma State Wins 4th Title In 5 Years
NCAA Cross Photo Galleries
Beautiful People: NCAA Banquet Photos (Click On Photo)
LSU Women Lose Their Outdoor National Title
Oregon Women Win NCAA Title ... In Outdoor Track LSU has been forced to "vacate" their national title after sprinter Semoy Hackett tested positive for a banned stimulant.
*TrackFocus Article The Oregon women have placed second at the NCAA meet four years in a row ... so we guess this breaks the streak.
TODAY: Did You Miss Out On Signing Up For The Berlin Marathon? 2,500 Berlin Marathon Spots Still Available And Registration Opens Today Opens at 6 p.m. (CET).
*Don't Miss Out In The Future: Website JogCal.com Offers "Runner's Reminders," A Bi-Weekly Newsletter To Remind Runners Of Important Registration Dates For Big Races
Proof Everyone Reads LetsRun? Days After We Bemoaned Fact Superstars Didn't Exist Anymore - It's Brought Back
Has This Been Alberto Certified?
Mo Farah To Face Other British Gold Medallists In Superstars Competition Sounds like fun as they'll do races over 100m and 800m, archery, javelin, a 50m swim, a kayak race, a cycling hill climb and the challenges in the gym tests.
*MB Archive: Superstars Competition half-mile run record is 1:57.36?
*MB Archive: 1981 Superstars Half Mile
Meet Hosting News
- Q&A With Millrose Games Meet Director Howard Schmertz, Who Is Being Inducted Into USATF Hall Of Fame One of the things he's most proud of is that "In the 106 years that the Millrose Games have been held, it has never been cancelled for any reason - weather, war or whatever." Too bad the NYC Marathon can't say the same.
- IAAF Delegation Finishes First Formal Visit To Eugene To Inspect The Site Of The 2014 World Junior Championships
- After Being Eliminated By Selectors In Both 2016 And 2020, Qatar Plans To Bid Again To Host The Olympics In 2024
It's Hard To Keep Up With LetsRun.com's Cutting Edge Design
- Staff Forced To Flee IOC Headquarters In Lausanne Due To Flooding
- Did You Miss Out On Tickets For London 2012? Report Says That 1,000s Of Tickets To "In-Demand" Olympic Events Went Unsold Report claims that there were over 2,000 unsold tickets for track events and even hundreds for the opening and closing ceremonies.
Former Rice University All-American Becky Wade Traveling The World And Blogging On Her Experience With Different Running Cultures Currently she's spending 2 months in Ethiopia working with the Yaya Girls Program, which tries to help female Ethiopians through job training, language classes, and distance running. *MB Thread
- Joe Newton's York HS Remains Only School To Qualify For Every NXN Finals - 9 Straight
- From Last Week: Canadian HSer Runs Entire Rocky, Snowy, Icy 6.7 Km XC Race With One Shoe - Finishes 2nd
New Scientific Study Says Ice Baths Don't Actually Help Athletes With Recovery After Exercises Yeah, and there are also studies which say you're less likely to be injured if you run on the hard pavement instead of soft trails.
More On Athlete Contracts: LRC Jesse Williams Of Brooks Sports: Brooks Shoe Contracts Don't Have Reduction Clauses
Field Event News
- Former HJ World Champ (2003) Jacques Freitag Arrested After Running Red Light - Had Drug "Cat" On Him He is one of only 8 people to ever win world championships at youth, junior and senior levels.
- Olympic, World And European Discus Champ Robert Harting Says Britain's Lawrence Okoye Will Be Man To Beat In A Few Years Let one thing be clear. Harting is the man to beat now. Many likely don't realize he hasn't lost in 33 straight competitions dating to 2010.