Natural Talent wrote:
Statistics of runner:
•17 year old male
• 15min 30sec 5000m time
• Sub 20min hilly 6km Cross country runner
• Been training for 2 years now
• Vo2 max last tested as a 14 year old on a science fun day (pre-training) result 67.8
• Three sessions per week out of...(Tempo/Fartlek/Hill reps/speed work ect)
• 15km x2, 12km x1 per week
• One rest day per week
• Wears proper good quality shoes
• blood test indicates diet isn’t lacking nutrients
Problem- Body can’t handle over 45miles for even one month without bone injury’s.
Eg. Stress reaction to feet/lower legs.
Any advice please? Would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Update: on missed info.......
• 2x15km and 12km runs split hard session days and are at 8.02 mile pace.
•Strengthening work is incorporated; able to do single leg squats and one armed push ups. This indicates strength.
• weight and height - 123 pounds and 5.68 feet tall