You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum
Embrace the winter
RE: Cold wintery running: how to make it bareable survivable?
1. Get the right clothes. SmartWool socks, light insulating layer, windbreaking layer, gloves/mittens (depending on temp), light wool hat that covers your entire ears. Neck gaiter for those sub-zero days.
2. Run during the warmest part of the day when you can.
3. Don't run into the wind for long stretches. Plan your routes to change direction often.
4. Don't overdress. Dress in layers you can take on and off.
5. Put screws in your shoes for traction. So much better than other traction methods. (Google it.)
6. Take longer to warm up.
7. Embrace the cold. It's not your enemy.
I'll take a sunny 10F day over a sunny 80F day anytime. Love winter running. (Northern MN native.)
Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.