Great that he got popped, and as people posting here have noted, it gives more credence to the leaked Fancy Bears 'likely doping' list. Interesting to note that Kiprop was only 'passport suspicious' on that list, which is one notch down from the 'likely doping' rating, and didn't have as many stars next to his name and some others.......
Yes. They should all have been auto-banned.
Come ON! Are you serious? If this was a runner of another nationality we'd be laughing at this ridiculous story. Again, we need some journalists to do some good work and dig into these stories from the past and stop believing what they are told.
Well, we are laughing, aren't we.
As for athletes actively showing how clean they are: cf. Tyson Gay.
What could help (or, my wish list, if you want):
1) Real power to the ABP. Make a cut-off to auto ban the cheats (just like UCI wouldn't allow Hct > 50%).
2) Remove all this conflict-of-interest scenario. No more Americans in charge of American athletes, for example.
3) Remove the top of IAAF and WADA, and bring in new blood.
4) Criminalize doping. Have the cops search the camps as soon as one has 'passport suspicious'.
5) Stop this TUE misuse. Never ever allow "retroactive" TUEs.
6) Ban groups (Aden, Rosa, etc.) as soon as three athletes are caught.
7) Have a really independent investigation into IAAF/WADA (i.e., not one led by WADAs former president).
8) Change the contracts like in the TdF (pay back salary if caught cheating).