You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum

SKYWARN
RE: Boston has to be thinking about canceling on some level, right?

CTrunnerguy wrote:

I'm 1 hr south of Boston, and the forecast for our area is "SLEET AND POCKETS OF FREEZING RAIN" for Mon morning...things could get worse and, if they do, I hope they postpone.


Nope. Here’s the forecast from NWS Boston/Norton...

Rain will be widespread across the marathon route in the morning hours and the heaviest rain is expected in the late morning through early evening. This may result some poor and drainage street flooding in the region. Strong winds are also possible with wind gusts in the 30-45 MPH range in the interior with the highest gusts as you get closer to the Metro Boston areas. Areas of Southeast New England will have wind gusts to 45-50 MPH and this may result in Wind Advisories as we get closer to the event. This could result in isolated pockets of tree and wire damage and isolated power outages. An isolated thunderstorm or two with attendant lightning risk is also possible but exact locations and whether they would occur on the marathon route are difficult to determine. All runners, volunteers and spectators should monitor future weather forecasts and should prepare accordingly for these conditions.

Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.

If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at [email protected] about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is.