Yeah, I feel like there are two issues here.
I don't think she deserves the Guinness world record since she didn't follow their rules, but I do think she ran that distance in that time and I think it's impressive af, regardless of whether she at times held on to the bars. This persecution is ridiculous.
The old record was/is helt by a 48 year old woman, and I don't know why it seems so impossible that Amy Hughes could have done a similar thing.
Was the 48 year old woman a stunt runner first and foremost? Did she follow the traditional progression of ultra runners:
1) Set up social media accounts, charities, websites.
2) Figure out possible "challenges" to attempt.
3) Gather sponsorships and supporters.
4) Settle on GWR records because those are broken by ordinary people.
5) Work on publicity for the challeng.
6) Start running, with an emphasis on "tough training" such as mud runs.
7) Train on a treadmill.
I think Amy has the talent to accept the boredom of running on a treadmill for a very long time, at least 7 days including breaks for food and sleep. I'm encouraging her to attempt the record again. In a mall that's open 24 hours a day. With the treadmills set up close to the exit so #1 witness Laz can duck out for a smoke every hour or so.