You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum

RE: Groin pain
Well, I hate to offer a wishy-washy answer as I'm certain you are looking for a definitive answer BUT...continuing to run is going to be up to how much pain you can tolerate for the next 3.5 months.

You could attempt to self-repair (if the injury isn't too far along yet), but that is going to entail rest and laying off of the speed running. You would also need to try and employ some of the Boyle rehab exercises if you have any hopes of rehabbing this injury.

If you haven't been properly diagnosed yet for a SH, you definitely will want to get that done as there are many other groin-related problems that could lead to a differential diagnosis. Find a good sports medicine doctor/orthopaedist, be aggressive with him, and request an MRI using standard athletic pubalgia protocols (Thomas Jefferson University has pretty much set the standard). You may also want to get a dynamic ultrasound (with continuous cine loop recording, and with color power doppler to look for hypervascularity and edema) performed by an experienced radiologist - not a technician - to see if you exhibit any posterior inguinal wall deficiency. Ultrasounds are highly operator dependent, so you need an experienced radiologist that knows what he is looking for. I would not rely on your local hospitals for these type of scans, unless you live in a metropolitan area that has better-than-average hospitals.

Best of luck.

Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.

If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at [email protected] about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is.