You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum

Andrei and london sufferer,

My bulge in on the right side in my lower abdominal area, i.e. groin. I have been seen 1 general practioner, 1 urologist (related to another old problem) and 2 general surgeons. All had mixed opinions. Also had an Ultrasound and Ct scan; however, I am suspicious if the Ultrasound was done right. It was not completely dymanic in nature. I was scanned lying down and sitting up at a 45 degree angle at best.

The last General Surgeon that I saw, at John Hopkins in Baltimore, had a clinical interest in hernias. On his clinical notes he wrote, " superfical ring dialation, but I do not think Mr. Mobtown has an actual inguinal hernia". Then, he follows this with providing contact info to a one William Meyers MD. So that is where I am at. That's when I started educating myself.

One good thing in this story is that I also contacted Dr.UM, and she replied back that she believes she is visiting the "US and A" toward the beginning of December. If this becomes truth, I will, like others here, seek her opinion as well. I guess I will wait and see on that one.

P.S. I wish I understood more of doctor UM's methods. Meyers pathology is clearly stated in his pre-visit packet, but how does "muscle tear repair" in UM's procedure differ from its orgins from Shouldice. Or mabey the question I should ask is if Meyers procedure in that much more involved than UM's in the RA and Oblique tears

Additionally has anyone estimated recurrance rate on these two doctors proceedures?


Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.

If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at [email protected] about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is.