You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum
RE: There are over a billion people in India. So why havent they had any great runners yet?
A first hand opinion, off the top of my head:
1) A mental block against taking up sports on a full-time basis. Study first, play later.
2) Cricket. It's a pox on talent in other sports, including track.
3) Neglect and lack of infrastructure. If it's not cricket, there's no money. Corrupt officials who often outnumber athletes in delegations to the Olympics and WCs.
4) No college track programs like the NCAAs. College is for studying, not running, silly!
4) Climate. Try doing 15 milers when it's 35C with humidity.
I'm a hobby jogger by letsrun standards, but people back home look at me as though I'm on crack for running 50+ mpw.
Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.