You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum

RE: Anyone ever had a "Sports Hernia" aka: "Sportsman's hernia", "Gilmore's groin", or &

Obviously, you need a proper diagnosis, but I don't think it necessarily means you have a bilateral problem. Last spring, when my injury was at its worst, I had terrible inflammation on the left side where the injury is -- almost felt like swelling. As it progressed, I started to get "prickling" sensations in my right groin. I don't think that means I have a problem on the right side -- although I'm sure it is possible. Because of the instability, I was getting sharp pains throughout my pelvis when I would get off the couch. I only had the left side repaired -- so I have to see how it turns out.

It's brutally hard to get a proper diagnosis for this injury from a doctor who doesn't have any specific experience in sports hernias. Every doctor who deals strictly with standard inguinal hernias either knows nothing about sports hernias or thinks they know everything about sports hernias; when in fact, they could never begin to understand a sports hernia without actually performing the procedure specifically for the injury. But as you know reading these posts, there are several accomplished surgeons who can probably help you, not only in your diagnosis, but actually perform the operation. Look at this way, you have a chance to make an appointment with a surgeon who has operated on some of the top athletes in the world.

Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.

If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at [email protected] about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is.