You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum
RE: Anyone ever had a "Sports Hernia" aka: "Sportsman's hernia", "Gilmore's groin
I spent a lot of time reading through these posts, but still am unclear on what I have. At first I assumed it was a Sports Hernia and that I will need surgery, but now am not sure.
Would someone like to help clarify?
Here is my history.
1. First felt it in January as a dull pain, but worsened all of a sudden after a morning run with some work on the abdominal machine. Pain is in front left low abdomen. Does not hurt in the nuts. I can't really pinpoint the pain.
2. Kept on running and training hard on it as it only bothered me when I took the initial steps of speed work and was tolerable pain when running. Some days it would hurt more than others when running.
3. Hurt when sneezing, coughing, twisting a certain way such getting out of bed.
4. Went to Dr. and told me to not run 4-6 weeks as he said that I don't have a hernia and it is a muscle pull/strain.
5. It's been 4 weeks and have done elliptical machine workouts because it never ever bothered me doing elliptical. I only feel a real light pain now and I can sneeze and cough with hardly any pain. I tried a couple minute jog, but still feel like it will hurt if I went longer at my normal stride or faster.
The question is should I go see a specialist or should I rest it another 2 weeks? At this point, it seems to be healing, but awfully slow and I am not even sure if it will start hurting again once I start running. The posts I read seem to indicate that it will come back? It seems like running is the exercise that hurts it.
Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.