You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum
RE: Anyone ever had a "Sports Hernia" aka: "Sportsman's hernia", "Gilmore's groin
Wondering if someone here who has had SH surgery can tell me if they had symptoms like mine. (note that I posted on page 72 as "wondering if I have this issue") My symptoms are, in order of pain level:
1) pain in left hip adductor, all along the inner thigh but worst near the groin
2) pain in the left hip flexor and just above it
3) pain when I sneeze on the left side along the crease of the groin
4) pain in my hip adductor very near the hips when standing on my left leg (e.g., when putting underwear on)
5) no real pain in the testicles or in the middle of my body -- it's all to the left side.
Taking days off helps with all of the above, and running actually makes it feel better -- until I stop. Later in the day the pain comes back, and if I push the run a bit, it's pretty bad in the morning.
I had tests that showed no regular hernia, bone scan was negative, but an MRI of the pelvis showed a minor stress fracture in the pubic ramis. However, my orthopedist is skeptical that the stress fracture is what's causing my pain.
I'm currently in week 3 of four weeks off of running, and I will start again after four weeks to see if the pain is still there. If it is, my orthopedist advised me to call Dr. Meyers.
Are these symptoms similar to those of you who have had the surgery? Thanks.
Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.