You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum

RE: Anyone ever had a "Sports Hernia" aka: "Sportsman's hernia", "Gilmore's groin", or &
It seems as though most people are either recommending Dr. William Meyers in the U.S. or Dr. Muschaweck in Germany to do the actual surgery. They are probably who you want to see in the effort to get an accurate diagnosis. Otherwise, I think you would be wasting your money and time with a doctor who doesn't have as much training in sports hernias. These doctors appear to be the experts in the field.

I've been to several doctors and orthopedists, which really didn't help me that much; and I spent a lot of money. However, my orthopedist has diagnosed me with a athletic pubalgia (sports hernia). I just need to get an appointment with Dr. Meyers. I haven't done that yet because I've shown some improvement with therapy, and I don't have much pain right now -- other than heavy exercise.

I've heard the surgery is fairly expensive and not covered by some insurance companies. I haven't had the surgery so I don't know how long it takes to recover. But I'm guessing you would need at least a full week before going back to work.

Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.

If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at [email protected] about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is.