You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum

RE: Anyone ever had a "Sports Hernia" aka: "Sportsman's hernia", "Gilmore's groin

If you feel confident you have a sports hernia, my advice would be to go see a specialist. The biggest mistake is to tell your doctor or orthopedist that you think you have a "sports hernia" - because most doctors don't know what this condition is to begin with and perhaps not athletic pubalgia. I told my family doctor I had a sports hernia and I got diagnosed with an inguinal hernia and had an unnecessary laparascopy. Later, I went to an orthopedist and he immediately diagnosed me with athletic pubalgia a.k.a. sports hernia. He and the therapists have assured me this can heal through rest and rehabilitation. In reading this thread, it doesn't seem likely but I haven't given up yet. And I am showing signs of improvement through therapy. There are probably some people here who can direct you to a good specialist. But I would try to find a very good orthopedist before making a final decision on surgery.

Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.

If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at [email protected] about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is.