You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum

RE: Anyone ever had a "Sports Hernia" aka: "Sportsman's hernia", "Gilmore's groin
Hi All-

Thanks to all the people on this discussion board. Great info.

I injured my groin playing tennis couple of months ago. Now I have the same symtoms as most of the people talking about on this message board. I dont have any bulge or lumb around my groin area. I am perfectly alright when I am not running or playing any sports. But when try to run hard, or make any kind of cuts I feel the pain.

I am from Dallas area. Does anybody know a good doctor that knows about sports hernia? I am seeing doctor Dr.Richard Eller (refered by my PCP). He suggested that I probably have a femoral hernia and need surgery. He uses laproscopic technique and the mesh to fix the area. He says the symtoms for sports hernia and femoral hernia are same. And also said MRI is not that helpful, during surgery, when he goes in there, he can look around and find out the where the problem is.

After reading the info on this chain, I am kinda nervous about the surgery, I see lot of people having issues after surgeris.

Any advice would be greatly apprecited.


Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.

If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at [email protected] about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is.