You are reporting the following post to the moderators for review and possible removal from the forum

RE: Anyone ever had a "Sports Hernia" aka: "Sportsman's hernia", "Gilmore's groin
Ok, I am in Canada, 27 yrs old, play tennis, hockey, soccer, the 3 sports that are the worst for sports hernias lol.

Anyway, hurt my groin/lower right ab area over 8 months ago, tried months or rest, tried therapy, still can't play sports, not getting any better.

Am in Winnipeg and unfortunately not much is known by the local doctors about sports hernia.

Recently have been in contact with Dr. Myers and Dr. Brunt.

It seems Dr. Brunt is a lot less expensive as he takes a different approach to the surgery than Dr. Myers.

I did not yet talk to Dr. Brown in Montreal yet.

3 questions for those who may be able to help:

1. Can an MRI with the proper protocal pick up a sports hernia?

2. Out of the 3 doctors listed, is there one you suggest over the other?

3. Being from Canada (Winnipeg, where no one does the surgery), would health care cover any of it depending if I go to a US doc or one in Montreal?


Hit the submit button below if you want us to review the post.

If you feel this is urgent or want a reply, email us at [email protected] about the post and please include a link to the thread the post is on and what page number/post on that page it is.