1. Dowling Catholic. Defending state champs that return 5 varsity guys + another 10:05 guy which will help in case someone has an off day or is sick or injured. They also have people coming out of nowhere year after year.
2. Iowa City High. Returns 4 of their top 5 after getting 3rd. They need to find a #5 in order to have a chance to beat Dowling Catholic.
3. Johnston. Placed 4th. Even they lost 4 seniors from state, they return 5 guys under 16:40.
4. Norwalk. Placed 6th and returned everyone.
5. Cedar Falls. This is where they placed last year. They return their 2-6 guys plus an incoming freshman who ran a 15:34.
For individuals it will be a toss-up between Jackson Heidesch, Gabe Nash, and Ford Washburn.
1. Gabe Nash.
2. Ford Washburn.
3. Jackson Heidesch