NXR top 2 Boys team predictions:
1. Jesuit - returns their whole team. They can do something special at nationals based on their 3200 times.
2. Southlake Carroll - returns their 1-6 and placed 2nd at NXR SE
Watchlist - Woodlands, Atascocita
1. Wayzata - returns 5 guys under 16
2. Dowling Catholic - returns 5 guys under 16:34
Watchlist - Millard West (they will get second if they can find a #5. With their 5th returner at 18:25, it’s hard to predict them to find one) / Iowa City
1. Union Catholic - placed 4th at nationals and returns 5 guys and another transfer that will be scoring
2. CBA - a predominantly dominant team in the NE and returns 6 guys.
Watchlist: Haddonfield Memorial / Bishop Hendricken / Cherokee / Hall High / Coe Brown Academy
1. Newbury Park - returns 5 sub-15 guys.
2. Grenada - returns 4 guys under 9:28, and their #2 runner from CC
Watchlist: Great Oak
1. Valor Christian - placed 9th and returns 4 scorers. There’s a bunch of freshmen looking to close the gap.
2. Niwot - returns 5 sub-16 guys
Watchlist: Mountain View, Skyridge, Riverton, Corner Canyon, Mountain Vista (losing lots of seniors but they always reload), Cherokee Trail, American Fork (loses 5 seniors but always seems to reload like crazy)
1. Belen Jesuit Prep - a Perronial powerhouse that only loses 2 guys
2. McCallie - returns 5 guys under 16:18
Watchlist: Bolles / Brentwood / University High
1. Carmel - returns 5 guys under 9:49
2. Center Grove - returns 4 guys under 16:18, and also another 4:29 guy.
Watchlist: Liberty North, Mason, Hinsdale Central, Brebeuf Jesuit Prep (if they find a 5th. It will be interesting if they get one. It’s not a big school) / Plainfield / Zionsville Community / Columbus North
1. Jesuit - got 3rd at nattys last year and returns 4 guys from that varsity squad. I think they’ll find a 5th based on their depth.
2. Bishop Blanchet - returns a 15:27 average
Watchlist: Lincoln, Franklin, Crater, Boise Senior, Rocky Mountain
1. Corning - placed 2nd at regions but returns their 2-6
2. St Anthony’s - placed 10th at feds but returns 6 varsity guys
Watchlist: FM / Burnt Hills / Saratoga Springs
Girls top 2 NXR predictions
1. Buchanan - placed second at nations / returns all scorers
2. Great Oak - returns the whole varsity team and an 18:26 average
Watchlist: Newbury Park / Oak Ridge / JSerra (2 sub-4:50 1500 freshmen are going there)
1. Wayzata - placed 5th at NXR, returns everyone, and adds Abbey Nechanicky, who missed out on NXR
2. Olathe West - placed 4th at NXR / returns everyone
Watchlist: St Paul Highland Park / Minnetonka
1. Southlake Carroll - won NXR last year and returns 6 girls
2. Lucas Lovejoy - placed 19th at nationals and returns 5 girls
Watchlist: Flower Mound, Venom
1. Cuthbertson - placed 14th at nationals and returns all scorers
2. Morgantown - returns a 10:59 average in the 3200
Watchlist: Assumption / West Springfield / Marietta / Brentwood / Mountain Brook / Howard / Cardinal Gibbons
1. Niwot - won nationals and returns 5 of their top 8
2. Araprahoe - placed 4th and returns 6 girls
Watchlist: Valor Christian, Mountain Vista, Desert Vista
1. York - got 4th at RunningLane and returns 5 of their top 6.
2. Columbus North - returns an 18:14 average
Watchlist: Naperville North / Noblesville
1. Jesuit - best returning team in OR
2. Summit - second best returning team in OR
Watchlist: Tahoma / Bishop Blanchet
1. Saratoga Springs - best team in the nation. What else can I say
2. FM - second at feds / returns 5 girls
Northeast - I honestly think some random teams will get top 2 from here. Not a very strong region. Wouldn’t be surprised if I get this one wrong.
1. Cherokee - won NXR / returns 5 of their top 6
2. Haddonfield Memorial - placed 3rd at regionals and returns 4 scorers
Watchlist: Colts Neck / Union Catholic / North Allegheny