Original Message
Author
friend of a friend
Subject
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread
Zapruder wrote:

Every low key race I've been in like this was put on by some locals for locals, maybe a few others show up. This race only one guy from Jackson Hole.

Except that according to both a people search site (veromi.net) and whitepages.com, the closest Andrew Scott lives 200+ miles from Jackson, and he is listed as 38, not 33. There is only one result for any Andrew Scott from WY listed on athlinks - this race.

I looked up a handful of the other participants on the same sites with similar results.

Besides Kip, 4 of the purported WWM finishers are athlinks members. All 4 became members b/w 10/9 and 10/15/10. Three of them (joseph smith, sue johnson and donna dixon) had this as their only result. The fourth, joel hernandez, lists 3:11 for the WWM in addition to two other results, both from 2007 and both in southern CA - a 50:31 5K (DFL) and a 1:22:51 10K (DFL except for an 89 yr old that did 2:10). Did Kip create an account for the real hernandez and "claim" the two prior results to go with the WWM result? Could he possibly have hacked the results 3 yrs later to add a fictional hernandez to the two 2007 races?

It is clear that all these people are completely made up (or in one case perhaps, a real person whose results from 3 yrs ago may have been co-opted for these purposes).

My assumption is that it wouldn't be possible since timing companies can print out results in real time at the finish, but given that Kip seems to be fairly adept with a computer, rather than playing games with chips on the course, could he somehow be hacking results after the fact?

And if I find out any of these fake finishers from WWM took my boston spot, there will be hell to pay.
Spam Control

To combat message board spam by non runners, we are making people answer a brief question before they can post on a thread that is over 20 days old.

If you answer this question you will be able to post.

Who of the following is not an American runner?