Why is it "reasonable inference that Galen abused testosterone under Salazar?" Doesn't the fact that the investigation proved him to be INNOCENT, he has been one of the most tested athletes on the planet for last 3 years, and he has never tested positive - suggest the exact opposite inference?
LOL, the investigation didn't prove Galen to be innocent of anything. An absence of charges doesn't prove innocence. Anyway, the following set of facts is why it's a reasonable inference that Galen abused testosterone under Salazar:
1) Alberto Salazar has a prescription for testosterone.
2) While being coached by Alberto Salazar, Mary Decker Slaney tested positive and served a ban for abusing testosterone.
3) Alberto Salazar was known to be obsessive about raising his athletes' testosterone levels, so much so that he had Galen Rupp taking "testosterone medication" (whatever that means; Alberto claims it was the legal supplement Testoboost but there's no reason to take him at his work on that, and regardless, a coach giving a testosterone supplement to a HIGH SCHOOL KID would still raise plenty of red flags) in high school.
4) Alberto Salazar conducted an unsanctioned experiment with Dr. Jeffrey Brown (also banned) to determine the precise amount of testosterone cream that would trigger a positive test.
5) Despite employing a licensed massage therapist, Alberto Salazar was known to personally massage Galen Rupp on a regular basis, especially before big races.
6) Alberto Salazar was known to send Galen Rupp's urine to the freaking Mayo Clinic to make sure that it wouldn't test positive for anything.
I could go on and on; there are more facts that only add to the legitimacy of this inference. But I've made my point.
We all know that most dopers aren't caught. Lance never failed a test either, and he probably would have never been caught if he didn't make his ill-advised comeback in 2009. (Actually, I believe he did fail at least one test that was quickly suppressed by the UCI, but you get the picture.) I don't see how anyone can consider the facts and come to the conclusion that Galen achieved his success on hard work, an altitude house, and Breathe Right nasal strips alone.