A lot of great albums, but here are a few that immediately come to mind
(2012 seems to be the year)
The Brave Little Abacus - Just Got Back From Discomfort - We're Alright (2012)
- "the logical conclusion to emo"...amazing instrumentals, a very unique vocalist. Experimental yet still very accessible. Makes me feel something every time I listen to it
Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation (and all of his other stuff) (2012)
- Very unique rapper, perhaps the best "in the game", or even the GOAT. A mix of over-the-top lyrics and dark but well formed production. A "memphis-rap" feel but for the modern age.
Laurel Halo - Quarantine (2012)
- Electronic record that with "cold" vocals. Hard to pin down what her style is like, but I'd say contrasted with many electronic artists, everything has a kind of "momentum" ad keeps moving forward, instead of staying in one place. I also have a huge crush on her
Liturgy - H.A.Q.Q (2019)
- "transcendental" black metal record that is both aggressive and pensive at the same time. Grand and grounded; definitely one of the most awe-inspiring things I've heard...one of the genre tags seems to be "modern classical" if that tells you anything.
Died - Anonymized Internal Criminals (2018)
- Amazing, albeit short, output of this new post-hardcore band from new york. full of energy from start to finish, experimental but grounded in the familiar of post-hardcore. Can't wait to see what they release next.
Stabscotch - Uncanny Valley (2017)
- A post-hardcore/experimental/noise rock album spanning ~100 minutes. Paranoid and crazed might be the words to describe it, in a good way.
Lastly, Death Grips might be the defining artist of the decade, listen to all their stuff. They are a bit too mainstream now, but (just about) everything they've done screams 2010's to me.
The genre of the decade, although many would say it would be rap, would probably be vaporwave...grasping on to the "lost futures" of the early 00's and late 90s. Essential artists here would be 2814, Nmesh, telepath, death's dynamic shroud, and HKE. However, I'd only say a few albums here are truly remarkable (2814's 2012 (again) release)