Official 2019 NCAA XC Discussion Thread - We'll be doing a live pre-race show starting at 10 am ET
PLACE TEAM 10000M 1 2 3 4 5 (6) (7)
1 BYU 109
3 14 17 36 39 (73) (126)
2 Northern Arizona 163
18 28 31 40 46 (55) (125)
3 Colorado 164
2 7 32 48 75 (113) (124)
4 Iowa State 211
1 37 45 62 66 (79) (143)
5 Tulsa 244
10 12 67 70 85 (164)
6 Stanford 248
20 29 30 83 86 (152)
7 Michigan 249
13 34 38 80 84 (102) (153)
8 Notre Dame 269
24 41 44 59 101 (106) (107)
9 Oregon 307
6 60 63 64 114 (117) (144)
10 Portland 314
26 43 68 82 95 (110) (155)
11 Purdue 338
9 19 78 104 128 (165)
12 Iona 348
21 35 58 115 119 (127) (154)
13 Indiana 366
11 53 76 105 121 (134)
Arkansas women and men almost pulling off the coveted 1st/DFL spread between teams
American born dominate top 5
Great performance by BYU but let's be honest. NAU 100% choked. They completely changed their race style and it completely backfired. This should have been a total formality.
Gotta give it up to BYU for a once-in-a-lifetime day at NCAAs between both genders!
PS Where's the Issac Wood cam!?!?!?
Colorado really could've taken that but Harrison could only manage 90th place as their 5th guy. If he had performed like his last couple of races that could've made up the difference between the Buffs and BYU
Hell if Kleck got the win they would've been tied for 2nd with NAU.
Don’t think many saw BYU having 5 inside of NAU’s 4. Assuming the Virginia Tech guy is the next Tubman Elite member.
How did mid Tennessee state get into the big dance?
Did the Athlete Special go home devastated?
Wow, looks like Ratcliffe really bombed for Stanford. Dropped from the pack near the front midway all the way down to 183rd to end the race. Woof
- I hate the idea that guys in their mid 20's won this race. People on this board hate plenty on Africans coming in and beat up on Americans but this feels way worse since it's a distinctively unique advantage. And don't give me the crap about them not training on their missions - I've heard from members of the team that's actually not true
- Strong pack running by MTSU's 3-5 guys
- Va Tech guys are tough as nails
- Agreed that something seems to have gone wrong for NAU. It would be one thing if they faded the second half of the race but their guys never even put themselves in the mix - I am sure their plan was not to have Hasty and Beamish in the 60's 3K in. Wonder if their team was sick (saw a mention of this), had flight issues, or something else like that
- Where the heck did Purdue come from?? Maybe I just haven't followed the NCAA closely enough lately but I didn't see them coming at all and haven't even heard of their coach
Tulsa in 5th after being ranked 17th by our overlords at Flotrack? ? This must be a mistake
Nau, stanford and Kashon Harrison choked
I was kind of afraid he'd run too hard at Pac-12s and Regionals. He was running with Klecker and Dressel, and I know those guys know better than to run an all-out 10k 8 days before NCAAs. Harrison doesn't have that experience. Had he run conservative with Herrera at regionals, might've been a different result today.
What were winning times in this weak bull crap race year.
Ratcliffe in 152nd team place.
If he's top ten, Stanford is right there.
It’s a sad day for NCAA running. Nobody likes BYU except for the brainwashed children living in Utah that idealize their white supremacy
Nau held our Bosely at regional s and look how well he did. Should have done the same with Harrison.
Makes me wanna go take a long shower.