I’ve experience pretty severe and what I think is overtraining symptons since the age of 10 and it’s more than 10 years on with a significant period of time off from the sport in that time period...
However, this year I haven’t been able to string more than a weeks worth of training together as I keep experiencing the following symptons:
- Extreme Fatigue (out of breathe getting up the stairs)
- Seeing stars in my vision
- Legs aching and feeling like blocks of concrete
I have tried every method that I can think of to help such as:
- Taking months at a time off (5+ has been the max)
- Eating iron-rich foods
- Blood test which showed I had extremely low folate which led me to take folic acid supplements and eating copious amount of folate-rich foods
- Doing only 2 high intensity sessions a week with a minimum of 3 nights rest between, rest of my runs being easy runs
- Impeccable diet (whole-food organic). No junk, coffee, alcohol or dairy.
As you can tell, I’m reaching my limit with regards to carrying on with running despite loving the sport because it is affecting my moods with the irritability and then also the fatigue negatively impacting my day-to-day.
So, my question is: does anyone have any ideas or experienced this please?
Thanks in advance 👍