My take on this meet.
Sifan is going to make an outstanding marathoner. She reminds me of Kipchoge, where he was great on the track, and was able to pull out a championship win, but was always behind Bekele and El G. Hassan has insane range, and is the Ethiopian version of Mary Decker. That is how Salazar is training her. But unfortunately she is running in the Era of Dibaba, Kipyegon, and Obiri, which makes it hard for her to win championships. But her work on the track will translate into her breaking records as a marathoner.
- I still don't see anyone with the whole package to beat beat Faith Kipyegon
- Muir has crazy range as well, and ran an excellent 800m. I know she is moving up to 5000, and probably 10000m, will she make a move to the marathon one day? I don't see her getting a medal at 1500m. It's too stack, but she might have a chance to pull out a medal at 5000m.
- Timothy won again. He is a very fluid runner. However, will it be the same old story with him: winning the league events, but losing in the championship races? You can't hold a peak forever. Will he still be strong in September?
- The 100m race proved that Coleman is the best in the world, but Gatlin will be there for theSilver, and maybe even gold if Coleman makes a mistake.
- Miller is the best 200m runner in the world, and it is not even close. Thompson is an excellent 200m runner herself, but her main focus is 100m. Thompson, historically, has a faster time. But with the shape that Miller is in ,and her consistency, I don't see anyone else being able to really challenge her except for Thompson. Thompson had another good race, and is doing the right running to make sure she will be in top form come the WC.
- Amos is a beast, but he lacks consistency. There is no question about how talented he is, and would be able to run faster if his arm swing wasn't all over the place. But I still think Korir will get the gold, with Amos taking silver, and Brazier getting bronze.
- Syd the kid is going to destroy the 400m hurdles. I think we can all agree on that. Now, can she challenge at 400m? I personally think that miller is overrated at 400m, and that Asner is going to take the gold when it all comes down to it.
- Harrison doing what she does best in the hurdles, and that is win all the non-championship events. Will she be there in the WC, or will she choke again? I say yes, Brianna Mcneal is the better finisher.
- USA Women are in trouble in the sprints. The men will probably dominate 100- 400m, but the women might not even medal in the 100 or 200. Without Tori Bowie, there is no one else, and Tori is not even in 10 second shape. IN August, USA women have to show something, and get better quickly. In the 100s, Thompson- talou- Asher smith, and in the 200s, Miller, Thompson, and Asher Smith, as well as Ta Lou. And Shelly Ann is back running well, so she will be in the conversation.