2. To qualify, you must meet one of the following qualifiers:
2:20:00 or less in the Men's Division
2:30:00 or less in the Women's Division
Or, placed in the top 30 runners in the Men's or Women's Division in one of the following marathons:
New York Marathon
Marine Corps Marathon
3. Have the race director of the Marathon you are using to qualify for the Oregon FAST ON FLAT Elite Marathon send a letter of verification for one of the qualifiers listed above to the following address:
Oregon FAST ON FLAT Elite Marathon
P.O. Box 217
Sherwood, OR 97140
4. Entry fee is $250.00 for first 25 registrations, $350 thereafter
5. Start time is 3:30 AM
6. Time limit: Men - 2 hours, 20 minutes; Women - 2 hours, 30 minutes
7. Limited to 50 runners
8. Pace car will be a Mazerati Grand Turismo
9. Purse - no purse, but, a chance to set a Marathon World Record.
Absolutely bizarre. A 2:20 man is a few minutes away from national class, while 2:30 women are already national class, knocking on the door of world class (The male and female-only WRs are 14 minutes apart...). No prize money, (or TBD, according to a separate page.) 3:30am start time, totally arbitrary and guaranteed to be empty stands. 30th place male at the Honolulu Marathon was 2:49.
And an entry fee! $250/$350! Has Kipchoge ever signed up on signmeup.com? Haha. Even more, the BQ marathon (at 6:30am,) only costs $110!