I can't sleep right now. I am twisting and turning and hours are just flying by. I don't know why I can't sleep. I'm not stressed out or anything. Any ideas or methods to fall asleep?
Me too. I read all these racist posts by horrible people and now I'm too angry to sleep.
First thing to do is get up out of bed and do something else. Get a snack, drink some water, read an easy reading book (the internet always makes insomnia worse though). Do this for up to an hour and see how you feel. That usually works for me, but if after that you still can't sleep, what I like to do is redo all my bedtime rituals like take a shower and brush my teeth. Good luck and I hope you get some good sleep!
Ambien.. Coupla tokes, mebbe a few beers, a BJ....?
Hey man I've been having tons of problems falling asleep for the past 5 years so maybe I'm not the best person to take advice from but here are some things I've found make sleeping easier:
1) Read for an hour before bed (this is absolutely clutch for me I strongly recommend it)
2) Don't be on the computer after two hours before your bedtime. The earlier the better
3) Make it so that the only thing you do in your bed is sleep. That means getting out of the house during the day (easy if you have a job) but also limiting the amount of time you lie awake in your bed. If you continue to lie awake in your bed you're reinforcing that pattern of behavior
4) Establish a routine and go to bed / wake up at the same time each day. It's tough to do if every other night you don't sleep and follow that up with a 10 hr night of sleep, but if you get in a bind, bite the bullet and try to stick to your schedule. It blows, no question, but ultimately you will be rewarded by being consistent.
5) Also you should try to find out when you naturally are able to go to bed. maybe you're going to bed too early
6) Increase your mileage by 30 mpw. The best month of sleep I ever got was during preseason for soccer in college. We would play doubles (sometimes even triples) and our schedule was basically wake up at 7, train from 9-11:30, nap from 12:30-2:30, train 3:30-5:30, bed at 10. Up to 12 hours of sleep every day it was magical
From your post it sounds like a one off incident, but if it comes back the absolute worst thing you can do is panic. When I first started getting bouts of insomnia I was an emotional wreck I had no clue how to handle it. After a few years you learn to manage it much better to the point where I PRd my 5k after an all nighter. It still sucks, but just stay calm and know that you are capable of getting through it.
Heh, thats why I chose to only visit Psychology Today and other educational news sites, as the internet is a mess right now with this alt-right vs left crap.
I'll give it at least 5 months to die down.
Regarding sleep, I can't sleep at night either, so I just jog at night, then come back home, eat then try to sleep, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I go to sleep, then mistake the fan blowing across the room for a gust of wind in a nightmare on a beach, and continues to unleash a volley of powerful wind that eventually knocks me off my feet and into the ocean, and then I wake up sweating(that actually did happen) followed by sleep paralysis.
Just don't think of anything and have a repetitive noise in the background like a fan and you should be gud.
my first post was in reply to halp
and the middle to end was in reply to the original post.
dont aorry about it. sometimes yiure just not tired. youll sleep when you need it.
Did you eat/drink anything with a lot of sugar in it? I drank a fruit smoothie a few days ago before bed and was wired.
The blue light thing and avoiding it 2 hours before bed is huge. Turn off every device in the house including your phone for 1 hour before bed (some people say 2, I find 1 gives me most of the benefit). Pain in the ass but I'd rather miss that 9pm tv show than be exhausted all day
I also recommend checking your caffeine intake, won't help during insomnia but might help future insomnia.
Reduce or eliminate it and don't have any after 11am.
Also cognitively it helps to visualize "resting when you are tired" rather than "trying to fall asleep." Don't put pressure on your self to try to sleep. Sleep will happen when you are ready. Just close your eyes and relax.
Gaba, 1500mg to 2400mg. Start low and then progress.
Read some calculo posts.
Stop posting. Stop reading this. Turn off the computer. OR
Actually if your mind is hyper and floating from idea to idea, or you are getting anxious about it.
Try looking at one soft porn site, novideos just pictures. It works. Don't move to other sites.
Why did you put question marks in your subject line?