Sounds like she tried the first day. Realized how hard it really is an BF Dave fibbed the rest. She likely walk/ran a lot but NOT the 90 mi needed later on to make up the distance.
keep it on the mill wrote:
this interview was not long after Amy 'broke' the record. A few interesting points:
1) the treadmill reset itself after a certain amount of time.
2) Amy had only 1 shower in the week.
3) on the first day she was well behind schedule - I'm guessing that perhaps she managed 60 instead of the 75 average she needed.
4) She had bad blisters after day 1 (just like someone else).
5) On day 2 she had a row with Dave who wanted to pull her out. She ran for 20 hours that day.
6) She was still behind with a couple of days to go and Dave was constantly telling her she had to up the pace.
7) She managed to pop a few 'quick' 10K's to get back on track.
8) She got so far ahead that she could afford a nap and take it easy the last 4 hours or so.