OK, so maybe my subject title is a little overstated. I really enjoy Letsrun and commend broJos for their efforts / product.
However, I am also all about improvement in peoples' selected endeavors. I like the new forum, but I haven't seen too many betterments made since its inception.
So, the other day, I saw my wife looking at her scrapbooking forum (just like Letsrun). I thought it would be exactly the same, but when I looked a little closer, I was surprised at how many neat little "extras" her boards have. There are probably more, but just a few that I noticed right away were:
- They had the number of current active board users (people signed on).
- A listing of all the members currently on the boards.
- You could click on a user name and it pulls up a profile of them.
- The forum keeps track of how many posts users have made.
- You can send a message to just a particular person (instead of everyone)
- You can add people to your buddy list (whatever that means) and you had the option to ignore people.
- Instead of just having the number of replies, it also provided the number of times a thread had been viewed.
I know this may be dangerous or against all that some of you stand for, but the links to these forums are provided below (this is legit - I am NOT trying to sell scrapbooking supplies). There you have it, new benchmarks for forum excellence. I know the broJos are up to the challengs to do even better!