The British Olympic and world champion says he will "be the first to leave" Salazar if the claims, made in a BBC investigation, are proven true. Farah phoned Salazar on Friday demanding answers and the American told him: "Mo, I can prove this to you - it's just allegations - I'll show you some evidence".
However, the 32-year-old, who said he would not leave his coach because he has "not seen any clear evidence (of doping)", wants further assurances "as soon as possible". "I'm really angry at the situation," said Farah. "It's not right or fair. I haven't done anything but my name is getting dragged through the mud. "I need to know what is going on. Are they true or not? If they turn out to be true I will be the first person to leave him."
"My reputation is getting ruined. You guys are killing me," he told a news conference. "I'm a clean athlete. I'm against drugs 100% and believe anyone caught should be banned for life." Farah had earlier told the BBC that he had "not taken any banned substances and Alberto has never suggested that I take a banned substance".
UK Athletics said it has "no concerns over the conduct and coaching methods of Salazar in relation to Farah or in his role as an endurance consultant" with the organisation. However, its board will undertake a "focused review of the performance management system surrounding Farah and the endurance programme" in light of the allegations.