From Whitepages of Crossfit:
1. Brian MacKenzie declares on the Crossfit Endurance website that he will attempt to finish in the top 10 at the Badwater 135 Mile Ultramarathon and the Crossfit Games in the same year.
2. Brian Mackenzie of Crossfit Endurance declares that he refuses to "destroy his body" by completing a qualifying race to be eligible to run Western States 100. Asks permission from race directors to skip qualifer. Denied, of course.
4. CFE founder Brian MacKenzie's solo 41-mile run through Badwater ends in failure. Reports from his Twitter page say that his shoes melted. Interestingly enough, hundreds of athletes have managed to complete the full 135-mile journey across Badwater and managed to deal with melting shoe problems.
3."The 100 Mile Movie" project premieres. Project aimed to document Brian MacKenzie and Carl Borg complete 100 mile races using the CFE protocol. Project ends in failure as neither MacKenzie nor Borg completed any 100 mile races from that point on.
- Brian MacKenzie DNFs at the Quad Dipsea.
- Brian MacKenzie DNF's from the Crossfit Games.