did anyone see the race?
1. Molly Huddle
2. Serena Burla
3. Magdalena L. Boulet
4. ???Ilsa Paulson
No reports on men yet
Way to go Molly!! Where has she been all spring/summer? I know she got married.
Meb won the men's race - 32.25
Men's Top Ten
1. Meb Keflezighi (San Diego, CA) - 32:25
2. Anthony Famiglietti (Knoxville, TN) - 32:56
3. James Carney (Boulder, CO) - 33:17
4. Brian Olinger (Columbus, OH) - 33:30
5. Antonio Vega (Saint Paul, MN) - 33:35
6. Josh Moen (St. Louis Park, MN) - 33:36
7. Bret Schoolmeester (Portland, OR) - 33:41
8. Dan Browne (San Diego, CA) - 33:44
9. Forest Braden (Spokane, WA) - 33:50
10. Ian Burrell (Flagstaff, AZ) - 33:56
Women's Top Ten
1. Molly Huddle (Providence, RI) - 37:39
2. Serena Burla (Ellisville, MO) - 37:44
3. Magdalena Lewy-Boulet (Oakland, CA) - 37:46
4. Ilsa Paulson (New York City, NY) - 37:54
5. Sally Meyerhoff (Eugene, OR) - 38:04
6. Jill Steffens (Athens, GA) - 38:42
7. Rachel Marchand (Valparaiso, IN) - 38:45
8. Kristen Lehmkuhle (Minneapolis, MN) - 38:54
9. Meghan Armstrong (Minneapolis, MN) - 39:06
10. Kelly Jaske (Portland, OR) - 39:17
Is Paulson still in Flag?
Meb really blew them away didn't he?
Paulson lives in New York City now.
Nice to see Olinger get out of the steeplechase.
I was at the race and wrote up the report on Run the Roads. It was a great day for racing. Overall, it was around 70-74 degrees during the race and sunny skies, which is significantly cooler than in years past when it usually reaches 85 degrees at race time.
Meb and Fam made it a great race early on, but Meb showed he is quickly getting back into championship form after a slow start back after London. He was very pleased and had a tremendous fanbase in Iowa since he's done this race five times.
Molly Huddle ran a great race as well, running smart and kicking hard at the end. She was very pleased.
I'll be posting video interviews with Meb, Fam and Molly on Run the Roads in the next hour or two, as I just got back to Chicago from the race.
Schoolmeester is coming back quickly as well. Maybe two months ago he ran 14 something on the track after being off for a bit. Looks like he is rounding back into form. Good to see that.
Anybody know what happened to Sell? I didnt see him anywhere in the race or results.
He didn't start, while Hartmann and Lehmkuhle didn't start either, although I did see Lehmkuhle there cheering on his wife.
Did Lehmkuhle really have the race pay his way just so he could cheer on his wife? That is pretty gutsy.